Black or Charcoal grey birkin

Sing Sing

Dec 3, 2006
Do you think charcoal grey or black birkin act the same role in your wardrobe.
If you already have a charcoal grey birkin, do you think you need a black one?
How about etoupe? Do you think it can replace grey?
Any idea is welcome, would like to hear from you.

I am a 'black bag' girl and I don't think any other color can replace black. Black goes with just about everything. I love grey too but would not wear a grey bag with golden/brown hues.

The charcoal would have to depend on the leather. For example I love graphite in Box or Croc but it looked quite pale in clemence. I stick with black when in doubt.

If you can only have one, then I'd choose black as it goes with pretty much everything and can be dressed up or down. Grey/etoupe is a bit more limited IMO.

I really like chocolate Box but have to say given only one choice I would go with black every time. In Box especially it is STUNNING! You can wear it with everything without a worry about matchy matchy.

I would go with black. But make sure the black and the leather you choose go well together. I learned my lesson the hard way by getting a black togo Kelly from Hermes not in my area without seeing the leather swatch in real life under daylight. Thanks to the lack of a leather book from my local store!!!!! :cursing: The black color on the bag looked completely faded especially under the sun against my black wardrobe. I ended up shipping the Kelly back and got stuck with a credit not knowing when and if the Kelly I want will ever show up. :crybaby: