Black longchamp roseau in smooth or croc?

SueC

O.G.
Apr 18, 2008
I've recently become obsesses with the longchamp medium roseau tote. I just purchased a beige one and now I want a black. I prefer the smooth leather but am wondering if the croc would be more durable. I'd love any opinions and would love to hear about the durability from anyone who has either. My fear with the croc is that it would be too dressy for my everyday (with 3 little kids) lifestyle.

Attachments

• roseausmooth.jpg
    roseausmooth.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,419
  • roseaucroc.jpg
    roseaucroc.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,443
I prefer the black in smooth and the croc in the beautiful petrol color on the website...

Maybe it's just me, but I feel black shows off croc texture and 'feel' to the least advantage compared to a color...

As to dressy, I think the style points to everyday casual, so croc wouldn't be a problem for everyday use. I would use it everyday.

I love this bag, but am trying not to spend any money right now;)

Last edited:
I've had one in smooth red leather for years and it's lasted very well (not used as an everyday bag though) it looks as good as the day I bought it.

I've just bought a little Roseau purse/wallet in the embossed in the Petrol blue colour which is lovely but I think it might work a bit better on small accessories. The Petrol is the most gorgeous navy-with-a-difference. Can't yet say how well it will wear.

I keep flip-flopping back and forth. I hate when this happens. I think I'm leaning more toward smooth because I just like the look of the smooth (although as mentioned above I do think the croc would hide the scratches a little better)...but of course that doesn't mean I won't change my mind in the next 5 min!!!!