Black Friday RM shopping!

Don't count on saks or bloomingdales having the same type of sale as last year. They have specifically said it will not happen. They have far less inventory this year and have adjusted them in line with demand. They have to order luxury items far in advance and last year the melt down happened around September so not enough time to adjust inventory level. So don't run out to saks this year hoping to score $200 Manolos or RMs.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think you ladies should get your hopes too high up for black friday sales. Especially not over 40% or 55-60% off RM (unless if its past season). Last year was different because RM didn't have the whole code ban thing going on. Codes are permanently banned as of right now still or are supposed to be.

I know a few boutiques said that RM shutdown their labor day or other holiday sales so there is no guarantee on what will happen on black friday, especially because RM will have their own sample sale going on around the same time and possibly their own black friday sale, just don't want you all to get unrealistic hopes up. :smile:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think you ladies should get your hopes too high up for black friday sales. Especially not over 40% or 55-60% off RM (unless if its past season). Last year was different because RM didn't have the whole code ban thing going on. Codes are permanently banned as of right now still or are supposed to be.

I know a few boutiques said that RM shutdown their labor day or other holiday sales so there is no guarantee on what will happen on black friday, especially because RM will have their own sample sale going on around the same time and possibly their own black friday sale, just don't want you all to get unrealistic hopes up. :smile:

Its really a shame that RM does this.

I remember last year RM's own online sale wasn't all that hot. Then again, none of them have really been that great. Usually a couple of past season bags at sample sale price. Other online vendors have much better deals :yes:

Hopefully we can count on MOB, SDO, LB, and our other usual websites to give us some great deals.

I know I am not the only one to say this when I am not willing to buy RM at full price. Luckily, we have still seen some sales lately which has been keeping me with my CC out and ready to buy!

Its really a shame that RM does this.

I remember last year RM's own online sale wasn't all that hot. Then again, none of them have really been that great. Usually a couple of past season bags at sample sale price. Other online vendors have much better deals :yes:

Hopefully we can count on MOB, SDO, LB, and our other usual websites to give us some great deals.

I know I am not the only one to say this when I am not willing to buy RM at full price. Luckily, we have still seen some sales lately which has been keeping me with my CC out and ready to buy!

I know, i really hope so too! I know there are some good 30-40% codes right now that pple are holding off on using because they are expecting some great black friday deals, I just don't want anyone to miss out.;)

I still think LB will discount everything now 'in stock' now on their website because they are no longer 'new season' by the time BF arrives. I think only the new bags (now on their pre order page) they are getting on 11/30 (Aqua, Marshallow, and the eyelet stuff) will NOT be discounted. But whatever are in stock now, will be.

I say that because last time, they had a discount code 30% off, the code applied the bags released around 1 month ago. So they are not 'new season' anymore according to LB's definition. Also, the new colors Cardinal and Violet which just came out, are already discounted on Luna Boston's website during Retro Friday, and still now.

So I still have high hope for the crazy discount they are planning, even on RM bags.

^^Yeah, but I'd much rather buy from LB than RM given my past experience. I had so much trouble with RM with their last online SS...they ended up making everything ok in the end, but it was so much hassle.

I think that after the recent flash sale problems, RM herself said that she would make it up to us on Black Friday, right? But then again, as jc said, I don't like to buy directly from RM at all, unfortunately -- the last thing I bought from them (a teeny little fluorescent pink Cory pouch) took months after the original ship date for them to send to me!! (And only after multiple emails!!!) But the time it reached me I was so sick of the d*mn thing that I sold it that very day.

I would love to see a great LB and/or MOB sale, though....now that would be killer!! :drool:

My dream sale bags: Cardinal MAC, Love Letter Satchel, Black Haze Zip Devote (I think that I should have some luck with the latter in particular).