Black Birkin after buying Chanel Black Jumbo

Agree with everyone else, two totally different bags and you'll use them for different occasions. In fact yesterday I took out my Black 35cm Birkin for a work meeting since it's great holding files and today I switched to my black jumbo Chanel flap for a more casual look. I have them both in silver hardware but honestly if I had to do it over I would get the black Birkin in GHW, it's such a classic and gold is so in now! Don't worry about mixing metals, I love it!

i am probably the minority, but i love black birkin in phw. well, basically i love birkins in phw and in fact all my birkins are. i wear a lot of yellow and pink gold jewelries and also white gold and some silver. my skin tone goes best with yellow gold but with bags i like to keep them simple and not too bling, maybe because i love to wear jewelries and it just gets too much with ghw bags.
and my chanel flaps are in silver hardware. only my recent purchase of WOC black caviar is in matte gold hardware.

I like palladium h/w with black -- it's younger, edgier, or whatnot. Gold seems dressier, and a birkin isn't a dressy bag. The chanel flap can be, though.

Thanks so much everyone! Its so hard to know until you actually have one in front of you to try. It's not an insignificant investment so you want to be able to enjoy it. I love the colored bs too but given that black is a significant portion of my wardrobe, I feel like a black first birkin would be most practical for me.

I personally love GHW. It just pops! I find PHW to be more casual and edgy. GHW is classic and I find that it goes well with a casual outfit of jeans or dress and heels. Birkins are totes so there's only so dressy you can get with it. I personally would not wear it with a gown (although it has been done).

Are you getting more gold jewelry because it is appealing to you more? That's how it was with me. When I was younger I loved white gold/platinum. But I have evolved to prefer gold now. It just seems warmer. If that is the case, you should go with GHW. They're completely different bags so I wouldn't worry about repeating the color combination if that is what you want. HTH!

Yes, exactly. My skin tone works with either white or gold, but I had always felt it was too old for me before. Now that I AM more mature, almost 40 now, I find it more elegant, classy and warmer than I used too. Although with diamonds of a certain size I still love platinum and white gold...