Food Bizarre Foods-What did you have before?

Nov 14, 2006
I was watching the Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel, and I think it's interesting to know what kind of bizarre foods tPFers had tried them before.

Me-snake soup & fried cricket, I had them when I was very young. I don't think I can eat the fried cricket now. :s What about your experience? :graucho:

I had snake soup, hasma in soup and dessert, durian, goose intestines, beef intestines, tripes and tongues, pork intestines, solidified blood and bone marrow, chicken testicles and feets, and turtle soup. I don't think any of these things are bizarre - not for Chinese anyways, but might be bizarre for others. There's uni that some people don't understand, but I love (btw the fresh ones are not bitter). Also had ostrich and deer, which isn't very bizarre at all.

From time to time, Mr Puff is compelled to make a concoction involving spaghetti, cheese, and ketchup.

Though I have consistently declined to try it, I have pointed and laughed in a very courteous manner at him as he eats it.

From time to time, Mr Puff is compelled to make a concoction involving spaghetti, cheese, and ketchup.

Though I have consistently declined to try it, I have pointed and laughed in a very courteous manner at him as he eats it.
:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

While not quite as bizarre I have had dried Cuttlefish whilst in Asia. I'm still in therapy.

qtiekiki -- solidfied blood?!? chicken testicles!?! INTESTINES?!!?
wow you have guts to eat that stuff. I admire you :]. I can't even eat snails which are considered a delicacy which my grandmother constantly tries to get me to eat (she's French). Now please excuse me while I try my best not to throw up lol.

I'm also asian, I grew up eating a lot of the "not so norm" food.

I love cuttlefish, squid, and octopus. My dad eats a lot of tripe, beef tongue, intestines etc etc.

I haven't tried any bizarre foods, but my neighbor seems to eat everything and anything!! One day he said" I'm hungry", so he got his BB Gun and shot a bird off the electricity pole............then he cooked it and ate it. asked if I wanted some......the next day I took down my bird house!!

I had a pet pig who I loved her name was Jazzy.....She got to much for me to handle after about 1 1/2 yrs. with her , I gave her to my neighbor he always said he wanted her if I needed to give her away.... ( this was before I knew he was such a road-kill eating kind of a person)....................I later found out he killed her the next day and ate her, his little kid told me they had pork chops and bacon stocked up in the freezer!! CRY CRY CRY

Cow stomach in a stew! It's the best. Very common here in the northern part of Mexico, it's called "menudo" (yes, like the boyband where Ricky Martin sprouted from lol). Cow tongue/cheek/brains is also very common.. fried tripe.. baby goat stewed with its own blood (so friggin' good, I tell ya).. and that's about it, I guess.