Birkin 25 in Craie Togo- lifestyle mismatch?

~*Sassy*~

O.G.
Mar 12, 2007
Hello! I have the opportunity to buy a Birkin 25 in Craie Togo with GHW. I know this is everyone’s dream bag from what I’ve found on Google🤪, but I’m wondering if I’m just trying to make it work for me. I’m a WFH mom of a 2yo wild toddler woman. We go to church and out to dinner every week, but not a ton of outings. Am I going to destroy a light colored Birkin with a toddler…?!😵‍💫 I’m also 5’10” but very slim (with small wrists) so not sure how to proportion will look on me.

Thank you for your thoughts! I’m overthinking and stuck in my own head.

When my kids were young it was important to me to keep some boundaries around my possessions. They never had access to my phone or my handbag. Messy stuff was always carried in another bag. So personally I think you should go for it if you love it!

You might find this thread useful - lots of pics of taller women carrying B25s.

Reactions: ~*Sassy*~ and 1LV
You are a mom of a 2 year old wild toddler, that bag is meant for a lifetime, so
if you love it, buy it.. & you have to wear it so would not be influenced as what
others think & as suggested, take a look at the thread mentioned above that may help
you decide

Reactions: loh and ~*Sassy*~
So long as you love handheld bags about that size, there will be plenty of time for you to use it. It’s a classic lifetime bag, and toddlers grow older :biggrin: I also find craie and other light colors oddly durable. (I have a craie epsom Della cavalleria and an off white, pebbled leather mini Loewe puzzle, and I don’t baby either. Enjoy!

Reactions: ~*Sassy*~
If you are comfortable with a handheld bag, then yes grab it asap! I don't think it will get destroyed , you can also spa in the future. Do you have other B's?? Just make sure you can commit to no shoulder strap . Gl and post pics :smile:

Reactions: ~*Sassy*~
I just realized that I probably misread this statement, phrasing-wise, but this sparks so much joy for me!

“I’m a WFH mom of a 2yo wild toddler woman”.

I was like, Yes!! I am also a working mom of a 1.5 yo “wild toddler woman”!!

I have put so many of my nicer bags aside for the moment, and I haven’t carried a Birkin in a good year, but I know from my other kids that once they get to around 4, life pretty much returns to normal in that you can be away for longer doing your own thing and you don’t have to worry about them destroying your things as much when you all go out together (they are a little less thoughtlessly chaotic), so your favorite accessories start coming back in rotation again.

It’s a gorgeous, classic bag, and it if would fit your style and wardrobe before your wild toddler woman, it will be back in the mix soon, and I would say to go for it!