Birkin 25 Gris T with RGHW Or Gold with GHW

Aug 30, 2010
Dear Hermes bag lovers,
So.. I took the plunge, sold my Birkin 30 because I still want a smaller bag.
I have been searching like crazy on the two colors above. I love gold because of the contrast stitching but then I also love Gris T because of the color and the rose gold hardware! I cannot afford 2 and it's such a hard choice... How does one decide? Your lovely opinions/recommendations please. :smile:

Both are lovely classics. What do you think will go best with your wardrobe? In terms of both colours and style (casual or business). When will you use etc

I am also facing a similar choice in narrowing my wishlist, but also timing of availability plays a factor.
Leaning towards Gris T myself as I wear bright reds, oranges, blues + camel and black. Hardly wear blue jeans. It could really go either way to be honest.

Have you searched for mod pics to help?

Reactions: ilovepooches025
Personally, I would go with the Gold/GHW. It has a more casual vibe, but that’s just me. Gris T is gorgeous, but I think you will have to be more careful with the bag as it is lighter in color.

Another question to ask is do you wear rose gold jewelry? If you do, that may make you lean towards Gris T.

You need to look at your wardrobe and ask, which one suits what I wear every day? Because if you won’t/don’t wear it all the time, what’s the fun in that?

Wearing your Birkin should spark joy every single time.

One more thing, have you thought about black/noir with RGHW? You get the practicality of black with the luxe look of rose gold.

What color B did you sell? Did it work well with your wardrobe? Are you planning to carry it more casually? While GT is having a bit of a moment right now, Gold is, as mentioned, a true H classic. IMHO (and personal experience), gold with gold h/w still is a bit dressy even with the contrast stitching. If you want casual, I would suggest palladium h/w.

Without having seen the Gris T irl, I do believe that that might be my dream colour from the H palette, but that's not worth much as help for you as it all depends on which one would match your wardrobe, and your skin color the best! Gold and Gris T are two quite different colours! Do you normally prefer warm or cool tones?

I love Gris T and had a Kelly with GHW. However, I can't have any light colored items (clothing, bags, shoes, even white jeans are off limits!!!) so it's currently being re-homed. Gris T is a "cooler" color and very elegant looking with RGHW. Gold with GHW is classic and (to me) is a tad more casual looking. Both options are timeless and gorgeous. From an aesthetic perspective, I prefer Grist T with RGHW but, from a function perspective, I like Gold with GHW. Good luck with your decision.

Thank you all so much for your valuable feedback and suggestions. My B30 was Capucine, I love colors and don’t see myself having a black Birkin although I know it’s a classic and also very gorgeous. We don’t have four seasons here in Singapore and thus my wardrobe is like mostly dresses with spring/summer colors. Right now, I am leaning towards Gris T but who knows what might happen at the last minute! I hope to do a reveal soon. :smile:)))

Thank you all so much for your valuable feedback and suggestions. My B30 was Capucine, I love colors and don’t see myself having a black Birkin although I know it’s a classic and also very gorgeous. We don’t have four seasons here in Singapore and thus my wardrobe is like mostly dresses with spring/summer colors. Right now, I am leaning towards Gris T but who knows what might happen at the last minute! I hope to do a reveal soon. :smile:)))
Given this info, I strongly urge you to get GT w/ RGHW! It is a gorgeous combo and would look amazing with spring/summer dresses!

Let us know what you decide!