BILLIONS on Showtime

I gave up after season one. On paper it looked so good, but I could not get into it. Maybe I'll give season three a whirl. I love Maggie Siff.
You really have to watch season 2 to understand season 3. I thought season 2 was better than season one. I had a hard time following it also. After viewing season 2, I went and re-watched season 1. I still don't get all the financial stuff but understand the general jist

What really fascinates me about this show is how some people are so passionate about what they do....Dollar Bill for example And Axe has so much money he could retire but he is just itching to trade. I cannot remember which season but all employees were outside and just ready to bust a gut to get in the building and work. I wish I had a job I was that passionate about. I have had jobs I liked, jobs I didn't like but never had that "can't wait to wake up and get to work" feeling

What really fascinates me about this show is how some people are so passionate about what they do....Dollar Bill for example And Axe has so much money he could retire but he is just itching to trade. I cannot remember which season but all employees were outside and just ready to bust a gut to get in the building and work. I wish I had a job I was that passionate about. I have had jobs I liked, jobs I didn't like but never had that "can't wait to wake up and get to work" feeling

It is the thrill and the adrenaline rush that they all like. They love all that money they make too. They think they are better and above other people and in the last episode, Bobby proved it by having his new henchmen hack the gov't database on Maria Gonzalez and take away her green card so she would be sent back to Guatemala. They don't care who they hurt to get what they want and that includes Chuck. They could have subtitled that episode "What about the people of Brazil?

The financial people (Axe) get the rush from making the money, that is their passion (imo), it may lessen over time but they will still have gobs of money (hopefully). Chuck, on the other hand, has only his crazy obsession to see Axe ruined/destroyed. Once that happens (if it does) I don't think he will have a reason to even live anymore.

Ok, I've been watching this show from the beginning and I still don't get Wendy.

No way can someone be married to "one side" (especially the nut job that Chuck is) and still play such an important role in the "other side's" life/work. It sure is an interesting role she plays, for sure, and the writers expect the viewers to say "yep, that's normal and happens in real life all the time."

Reactions: WillstarveforLV
Ok, I've been watching this show from the beginning and I still don't get Wendy.

No way can someone be married to "one side" (especially the nut job that Chuck is) and still play such an important role in the "other side's" life/work. It sure is an interesting role she plays, for sure, and the writers expect the viewers to say "yep, that's normal and happens in real life all the time."
That's exactly what I said to hubby when I watched the latest episode. No way would someone like Axe let Wendy continue to work there knowing her husband would do anything to destroy him. I used to like Wendy's character, but now it's getting old. I wish the writers would come up with some new material, the grudge between Chuck and Axe is boring now. They need to drop that as the main plot an focus on something else.

Oh and Mark Cuban should stick with Shark Tank, I cringed at his lines....

Reactions: tesi
Billions returns this week 3/25. I missed last season as I did not have Showtime that year. As it had been so long, I re-watched season 1 and then watched season 2. After re-watching season 1, I understand and appreciate the show much better. With all the finance stuff that threw me off, it was a lot to take in the first time. Love the addition of Taylor who reminds me of a young Lillith if anyone watched Cheers. Still hate Axe's wife and her syrupy fake smile. Looking forward to Season 3.
OMG I hate the wife too! She's vile!

Reactions: melissatrv
It's not a job they are passionate about. It's the money, the thrill, the power it comes with they are craving. They are all gamblers! It's like an addiction. I work in the industry. I see them every day!

That's exactly what I said to hubby when I watched the latest episode. No way would someone like Axe let Wendy continue to work there knowing her husband would do anything to destroy him. I used to like Wendy's character, but now it's getting old. I wish the writers would come up with some new material, the grudge between Chuck and Axe is boring now. They need to drop that as the main plot an focus on something else.
Agree with both of you! I find Wendy's story line very far fetched! There is so much conflict of interest!

Agree with both of you! I find Wendy's story line very far fetched! There is so much conflict of interest!

I agree. I also don't see what their attraction (Wendy and Chuck) was to begin with, She could have had anyone, but why Chuck? They portray Wendy as being this Zen master manipulator and that is getting to be too much for me. Axe's dependence upon her is unrealistic. Lara is pretty level headed, so why didn't he talk to her more? His relationship with Wendy is what busted the marriage. Three in the bed, with Chuck lurking next to it lol!

I agree. I also don't see what their attraction (Wendy and Chuck) was to begin with, She could have had anyone, but why Chuck? They portray Wendy as being this Zen master manipulator and that is getting to be too much for me. Axe's dependence upon her is unrealistic. Lara is pretty level headed, so why didn't he talk to her more? His relationship with Wendy is what busted the marriage. Three in the bed, with Chuck lurking next to it lol!
:lol::lol: I know, right?

To me it's one of those "self inflicted conflicts" some people like to get themselves into, like they belong to a church where they don't support most of the beliefs but rather than leave they stay and chafe against it very publicly.
Or they work at a job they hate and complain about continuously but refuse to even consider looking for another job.
Or they want kids but they choose to marry someone who never wants kids and they agonise all the time about wanting children.
It's like, you knew what you were getting into, people have pointed it out to you, you could make different choices but you choose to go ahead and continue.
Wendy created this conflict for herself because she thrives on either the conflict or the attention it gets her from both men etc. Obviously drama needs conflict, but in reality most people in Wendy's position would never have taken/kept that job.

I get the feeling that there will be no one left on this series who is likable. I actually thought that Lara and Bobby might reconcile and a part of me wonders if this is not all an act to protect assets. 300 mill is just not enough to maintain that life style*sigh*

I thought the paper box test was pretty funny. It reminded me of when I had to put together file boxes to move files from the office.

Why does that Ice Juice guy want to marry that woman? What a dope! She would leave him in a heartbeat if someone richer came along.

I get the feeling that there will be no one left on this series who is likable. I actually thought that Lara and Bobby might reconcile and a part of me wonders if this is not all an act to protect assets. 300 mill is just not enough to maintain that life style*sigh*

I thought the paper box test was pretty funny. It reminded me of when I had to put together file boxes to move files from the office.

Why does that Ice Juice guy want to marry that woman? What a dope! She would leave him in a heartbeat if someone richer came along.
Yes, she was pretty disgusting, and he was pretty stupid. And the ring was ugly, imo.

Reactions: Nana97