BIG problem: Iraq, our animals, and family.

This was a great thread, and was great how everyone helped Irishlass w/ Twinkie w/ care pacakages etc.

You will be rewarded someday Irish for your good will and kindess!!!

I see this thread has been going on for awhile Any updates on Twinks male and female humans? Are they safe? Are they home?

That's awful that they would try to punish you for your decisions--because what they are doing really punishes Twinkie. It is really unfair for them to tell you to give her up, she is a loved member of your family. When I first got my second dog, my mother constantly made comments like "find her a new loving home" and "someone else could handle her better" because she was a bit unruly, tore things up, had accidents, etc. (which she has since grown out of everything! that's why you don't 'get rid' of dogs--I think she was acting out because her first owner dumped her in the shelter--but thats another story). It was unfair of my mom to make those comments and I told her that; it is unfair for your DH's parents to make those comments too (if you had kids, would they say 'you should really get rid of 'daughter's name here', etc?). I'm not sure how to fix the situation, although you may be forced to leave them with family friends (if they are willing) or maybe even a kennel (which would be expensive). I'm so sorry they are making an already difficult situation even harder for you :sad:

This was a great thread, and was great how everyone helped Irishlass w/ Twinkie w/ care pacakages etc.

You will be rewarded someday Irish for your good will and kindess!!!

I see this thread has been going on for awhile Any updates on Twinks male and female humans? Are they safe? Are they home?

We have barely got to Iraq! We won't be home for months and months and months :biggrin:

We have barely got to Iraq! We won't be home for months and months and months :biggrin:

Yes, just caught up w/ this post and the post in the H thread, was lost there for awhile what was going on. Anywhoo, love your dog Twinks, and wishing safe thoughts for you and your husband Jason.

Enjoy both threads and just found the address in the H thread of where to send goodies.

Be safe and thanks for your service.