Big Dilemma Please Help!

I agree with everyone, speedy and eva! I LOVE speedies - plus it will hopefully never go out of style, very classic and practical. You can consider a strap for it in the future if you find it hard to carry all the time. I love my speedy ebene 25. I loved it so much that I also got an azur 30 for the summer.

I would go with your original plan and get the speedy and the eva! That way you don't risk upsetting your parents on such a great trip! If you are really set on the Palermo, you could discuss your options with them now, well before you go, tell them that maybe you'd just like to get the Palermo and no speedy or eva, however I think you'll have more fun with the speedy and eva than the Palermo, and no on gets upset! Have fun on your trip, can't wait to see your reveal when you get back!

My vote is for the Speedy & Eva for the Paris shopping trip. This way you will also receive a Made in France Speedy which is important to some here. Be sure to Google and do a search here on TPF about tax free shopping & VAT. Even with the $$$'s exchange rate, LV can be less expensive in Europe, so LV is a MUST on European trips. Enjoy Paris.

Most Of The Responses So Far Have Been To Go With Option One. And Although I Really Want The Palermo, Right Now The Best Option Is Probably Option One. That Way I Don't Piss Off My Parents While On Vacation And I Get A Couple Of Great Pieces And My Collection Gets Started! Once I Get The Palermo They Might Not Even Notice It, Or At Least That's What I Hope. But I Don't Go On Vacation Until July So We Will See:smile:

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I am relatively new to LV! I am just wondering what you all think is the best "1st" LV bag and why? My two top choices are the Damier Ebene Speedy (30 Or 35) Or The Palermo (PM or GM). I will most likely be getting the bag on a trip to Paris in the summer. Thanks for your opinions/advice!:smile: