BIG BAG...trend stay or go soon?

i am a small bag person, but i do carry a "tote" when needed...actually what i consider a tote, most people here would consider there everyday bag...but there are times when i need to haul more stuff; but for everyday use, i just carry a small bag.

I'm 4'11" too and I don't think this bag is too big and it's very classy. I like it a lot. Big bags are definitely going to stay - although I imagine the that truly ginormous bags (like the Marni balloon bags, etc.) are a more temporary phases.

0457984919949_275x275.jpg

Got this one and the measurement is 15x13x5. Do you gal think is okay for 4'11 person to carry this?

Really like this one , but my DH said it is too big.., but the big bag trend is here to stay or will go out soon.
please help. Thanks a bunch/
I would think that's too big for someone of your stature...

That said, I am kind of over the really big bag craze. It does look classic but I fear that it will get shoved aside when the next big craze comes in.

I agree, big bags will be around for a while, especially with more women moving up to corporate jobs - you gotta look stylish while carrying around all those papers, no boring briefcases!

Anyway, I love big bags for whatever use, not just work. If you like the bag, go for it!

To be honest, I wouldn't carry such a large bag if I were your height. Proportion always plays a part in how everything looks, and the bag just wouldn't look the same. You might look like you are carrying an overnight bag.

i love big bags before they become a "trend"
i love big bags as now they become "trend" (good thing for me, more big designer bags avail. to choose from)
i will love big bags when they're not become a "trend" anymore

:yes:

and i happen to carry big bags because i carry a lot of things, and not using bag size like balenciaga weekender to put a wallet, cellphone and keys.
i carry lot of things :P

i m 4"7 and i find that my medium coach carly is as big as i can go (i look like i m really carrying the large!) what i h8 is a buy a bigger purse to have enough room for everything and i look like i m carrying a big work tote or school bag wherever i take it. i have found thoguh that it is a balancing act for me personally- a smaller bag suits me best but i cant carry everythingi need in it for a whole day. in the end, it is best to have a variety of sizes and styles.

Well, I'm 5'10" and love to wear heels, so I've always appreciated the way a big bag (and, for many years, big hair;)) balanced me out.

I will always love big handbags! Trend or not.

Little bags on my shoulder give me the elephant on a tricycle effect.

i have been carrying big bags all my life and even if the trend is going to go out tomorrow, i will just go back to it because i realli lug everything around everywhere i go!
i have e occasional small bags and i miss the big ones everytime i go out without them.
ps, i think that the big bags trend is not ever going anywhere.
this bag looks gorgeous and you shud get it if it works for u!

I don't think the trend is going away anytime soon. We all carry so much stuff. I love the bag you picked but would be worried about proportion. I am 5'2" and feel that many bags look silly on me because they are so large.

The other day I was at a coffe shop standing next to an elderly woman (80, she told me). She looked at my bag said, "you can wander the world with that bag." She made me chuckle and think how styles have changed. I was carrying a Cole Haan ruched bag which I don't think is too large but it's about as big as I carry. Of course I didn't comment on her outfit-blue skirt, blue hose, blue suede shoes, blouse unknown, blue fuzzy sweater, blue beret and a small bag. Oh, I only hope that I still notice handbags when I turn 80!