Bianca Experts: Are these too big?

akillian24

Flap Happy
Aug 16, 2008
I've been wearing them around the house for a couple of hours - and a bit of room has grown in the back. The toe box still feels like a good fit, but wondering if I should size down? Would I still have enough room in the toe box for comfort?

PS- Gauge size by the front foot (my right). The back foot (my left) is a half size smaller than my right. I broke my leg when I was 14 and it's been that way ever since.

Attachments

• biancasizesmall.jpg
    biancasizesmall.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,531
Doph. I was afraid of that. In the store, they fit perfectly.
I asked about stretching and the SA said that they would stretch a bit, but bounce right back in between wearing them.

This is too much stretching for even inserts to manage, right?

Yes, I'm afraid they are too big for you. The right shoe by a full size and the left shoe by a half size. In cases like this, I've taken them to a cobbler and had them insert foot pads under the leather insole of the shoes. It worked :tup:

Thanks so much yall.

The next size down is a 36.5 (this was a 37.5) and feels crazy small.
The SA (albeit the same SA who said these wouldn't stretch) said if I take these to cobbler and have a thick insert put under the sole, te extra room can be taken up.

Not realistic? The variable being: if they stretched that much in an hour, how much more is there?

To echo the others, the Amethyst watersnake is gorgeous, but those are definitely too big! In my black Biancas, I have heel slippage and you can't even detect a gape in the back of the heel when standing up, but they definitely slip a decent amount. I'd recommend going down a half size.

As for bouncing back, I do find my Biancas stretch more when I am wearing them, but do snap back to how they were out of the box (not much heel slippage) when I haven't worn them for a month or so. In future I'd get a half size down and just have a cobbler stretch out the toe box if it were too tight.

Hmm... I actually think they're doable....

If you have room in the front, get your cobbler to put in permanent insoles for extra padding and that will elevate your entire foot.

Otherwise, you can add padding in the front (get the thicker version, not Footpedals which are too thin). Your smaller foot probably would be fine now, but your bigger foot would still need some heel pads.

I had my Pigalle 140 done this way and they were honestly at least 1 full size too big in the beginning (even bigger gap than yours). Now after some manipulation, they fit PERFECT! :yes:
See pix here in my blog:
Scroll all the way down. The "after" pic still shows a small gap but that's inevitable because you have an actual heel pad in the back. My heels are in fact snug in the back and you can see that my feet in the front toe box has been elevated.
http://blog.ceciliascloset.com/?page_id=911

Reactions: scarletforever
Trying not to be a ridiculous optimist.... I'm wondering/hoping you might be right.

I just sent a picture of my shoes to one of the tPF recommended cobblers in my area asking for their insight. He initially replied by saying CL's run "big in the heel" for nearly everyone which can create fitting issues regardless of size. I chuckled having read similar stories here.

Just checked out your blog - awesome! And your Pigalle's look great! And you don't have any heel slippage? I don't mind a little (most of my shoes have it) and given the pitch of the Bianca, even with the gap that exists now there wasn't much moving going on back there. But that could be because I have no idea how to walk in them yet, ha!

Hmm... I actually think they're doable....

If you have room in the front, get your cobbler to put in permanent insoles for extra padding and that will elevate your entire foot.

Otherwise, you can add padding in the front (get the thicker version, not Footpedals which are too thin). Your smaller foot probably would be fine now, but your bigger foot would still need some heel pads.

I had my Pigalle 140 done this way and they were honestly at least 1 full size too big in the beginning (even bigger gap than yours). Now after some manipulation, they fit PERFECT! :yes:
See pix here in my blog:
Scroll all the way down. The "after" pic still shows a small gap but that's inevitable because you have an actual heel pad in the back. My heels are in fact snug in the back and you can see that my feet in the front toe box has been elevated.
http://blog.ceciliascloset.com/?page_id=911