BH shoulder straps

pixiechic

So thankful.
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
Before I say anything else, I have to say that I love my BH. As you've heard me say a dozen times already, it fits everything I need and then some. It's the perfect bag for me to take to work, 'cause I can throw in a notebook or papers and a sandwich or a book and a bottle of water, and it never complains. And it's gorgeous, of course.

However...when I'm carrying it on my shoulder, one of the straps is constantly falling down. Walking into work this morning from the parking lot, I had to pull the outside strap back up at least half a dozen times, which is annoying, to say the least. I hesitate to take it shopping or anytplace where I'll be walking around all day, because I'll spend more time fussing with the bag than anything else. :sad:

Is it just me? I've had this problem with some other double-strap shoulder bags, but not all. Maybe my shoulders are a weird shape or something. Does anyone know a way around this?

Is there another LV bag about the same size/shape, that has just one shoulder strap?

I loved the Boulogne because of the one shoulder strap...

My PH doesn't fall off my shoulders but it has shorter straps. My new lg. Bucket straps are driving me nuts because one of them falls off constantly! Just this morning, I unbuckled them and turned them around to see if that will help.

That does happen to me some, but I love my BH so much, I forgive her! What seems to work best is to put the straps firmly on your shoulder, then kind of tuck the bag behind you and keep your arm close to your body. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but that seems to keep the straps up pretty well.

I had the same problem with my lussac. I just tucked one strap under the other and pulled it over a little, to make it more single strap-like, now it's fine. I hope this makes sense!

This is one of the reasons why I tend to like one strap shoulder bags better. I remember using my kate spade sam bag and it drove me nuts (although it got me lots of compliments). I never thought about that with an LV bag.

kitty nyc said:
I had the same problem with my lussac. I just tucked one strap under the other and pulled it over a little, to make it more single strap-like, now it's fine. I hope this makes sense!

It makes perfect sense! I've tried this, with limited success. It still seems like a lot to go through every time I put the bag on my shoulder, but maybe I will get used to it.

LakersGyrl2003 said:
I guess one strap will fall if the bag isn't heavy enough. I carry a lot with me when I use my BH, and the outside strap doesn't fall for me.

Aha...maybe I'm just not carrying enough stuff with me!

Oh yeah..no matter what bag I'm carrying, if it has two shoulder straps, one always falls down. So it's not just a problem with LVs it's with most all bags that have two straps.