Beware: Perfume Scam!!!

I don't know about the "ether" part, but this for real happened to me at a 7-11!

I was getting gas and there was a car full of people at the pump across from me and they were totally doing the "we sell cheap perfume.. here look at this list" sort of thing. I said no thanks, and luckily my husband was with me so they didn't persist any more than that.

Creepy!

It's happened to me to. And they were carrying a backpack with perfumes, and they asked me what perfume I wore and I just said that I don't use any cause I'm allergic and the guy was like "oh but u smell so flowery" and I was just like "yeah thats my soap". Don't know if it was ether or just seriously cheap perfume but either way, I wasn't interested.

yeah stuff like that has been going on for a while. i remember watching something on tv about his about 1 yr ago.. these people really are sick, go out and get a fricken job youll probably make more money then you do stalking people in the parking lots

I've never heard of this, but, I've heard of people selling fake designer fragrances. Turns out that they are made with things like cat pee, because it's cheap. Ick! Thanks for the heads up on this, it's good to know, but, I refuse to purse fragrances from anyone other than a reputable store anyways because of hearing about the fake fragrances, so, I doubt I would have walked over to smell the perfume to begin with! I'll def. warn my mom and sister just in case though!! :flowers:

Uhm...excuse me a minute...:sick::throwup:

This happened to me last friday. No lie. There were 3 women and 1 man in this beige/camel vehicle. Not quite sure what the make or model was, but it was old and it had a Nevada license plate on it. We were parked right outside a pet shop we frequent and they got out of the car immediately, one woman came up to my window and asked me if I'd like to purchase name brand perfumes for up to 50% off. I told her "no thanks" and she asked if I was sure. I said "yes, no thank you". They went around the parking lot asking others if they wanted perfume. i watched them closely and saw that two of them were being very persistent with a couple in a white car. After about 15 mins. they got back into their vehicle and left. I think they were headed towards the Walmart down the street. This was pretty scary. I just felt very uncomfortable with the way the woman approached me. Please, everyone be aware and be careful!!! Oh, and also, in the back of their vehicle were a bunch of boxes. Not sure what was in them but the whole situation DID NOT feel right at all!