Better Call Saul – Season 2

Chuck is crazy, but as we saw in the flashbacks he was always jealous and spiteful about his brother, long before his "affliction". It's funny how the only time he is willing to be around electricity is when he's doing something to screw over Jimmy. I hope we find out next season what happened to Chuck's wife.

Yeah! I don't buy his "affliction" one bit and I think it's all in his mind! It's psychosomatic!

And he's definitely a jelly ace alright! (That's our local slang for someone super jealous haha) It's so sad!!! All he wants to do is put Jimmy down. That mini-speech of Kim that tells him off is so true. I was hoping he took it to heart but I guess not.

Jimmy/Saul is too good. He has a never-ending soft spot for that looney bin.

I'm assuming his wife left him because Chuck seems like a pain to be with.. But then again there's probably a plot twist somewhere. Maybe she passed because of an electricity related accident (something that would help the viewer empathize with Chuck more).

I am seething at the last episode where it was shown that he
recorded Jimmy's confession

He better not use it! Grrrrr....

(Heheh it's obvious I just watched the last episode because I'm still riled up haha. This is an interesting show!)

Watched finale last night--excellent!! Poor Jimmy missed his mom calling for him, and of course slimey Chuck hid that, that was sad, Jimmy is the good son.

This show is moving too slow for me. Anyone else feel like that?

Yes I also feel that this is a very slow paced show. Many times I think of quitting it but then some cliff hanger happens and I'm sucked back in.

I think the slow pace is an artistic style.. Must be part of the director's vision. Maybe it was employed to showcase set and cinematography details.. Or maybe to allow for actors to be more natural in their movements. I don't know, really..

But I do wish it were more eventful per episode...

Yes I also feel that this is a very slow paced show. Many times I think of quitting it but then some cliff hanger happens and I'm sucked back in.

I think the slow pace is an artistic style.. Must be part of the director's vision. Maybe it was employed to showcase set and cinematography details.. Or maybe to allow for actors to be more natural in their movements. I don't know, really..

But I do wish it were more eventful per episode...

I agree it's suppppppppeeeeerrrrrrr slow. But that's just how the writers' and director's style is. It was the same in Breaking Bad... Very slow. It didn't speed up til the end... I think because the show is starting off, they want to build a lot of character development because it should end where Saul meets the breaking bad characters.

It's definitely a character-driven show. I think people who were hoping it would be Breaking Bad 2 are disappointed because they want more drug cartel storylines/danger/violence.

Since the show is a prequel to Breaking Bad there are certain limitations to the plot. We already know Jimmy (Saul) and Mike will survive any altercation they are involved in. So there wouldn't be suspense in putting them in situations where we wonder whether they live or die.

What we don't know yet is how they became the people they are in BB. Right now Jimmy still has a kind heart and isn't willing to cross lines that we know Saul will just a few years later. Mike is still refusing to be a killer-for-hire. We are watching the process that changes them. It's mostly psychological and is occuring slowly, but watching it is fascinating to me even when nothing obvious happens in an episode.