Best work tote that can carry a 15” laptop?

tamlee

Feb 14, 2011
I’m looking for a good black leather or canvas tote for work - and I have an annoying habit of buying emotional novelty bags and regretting it instantly (Pierre Hardy coated canvas in orange - a Miu Miu bag with bows, when I hate bows - a pink Marni bag that still has the tags on years later because why would I carry a baby pink bag?) So! I need some help.

I’m 43, a VP, wear mostly black and taupe, and am looking for a classic, clean bag that can carry a laptop but doesn’t look like a basic tote and has a little structure or polish. In black leather. Because I’m being rational here.

So far I’m leaning to the Tom Ford large Alix tote. It’s a little relaxed, though.

Please help! I’d like to keep it under $2k but can go up a little. What would you buy?

You can never go wrong with a Chanel tote. An Oversized/XL Grande Shopping Tote or a Cerf is always on point.
If you don't want basic, Karl Lagerfield has some wicked designs with a twist - I especially like the Cat Face Tote.

Givenchy also has some nice black totes with different kinds of prints to pick from, although I do think that you may want to steer clear of this one for work...:biggrin:
black-large-pervert-antigona-tote-original-273505.jpg

Prada saffiano large lux tote. I have them in caramel, black and gray and find them very versatile. You and I have similar work situations and work needs. I find the Prada tote crisp and sharp yet understated.