Jimmy Choo Best way to sell a JC bag

minicake

Dec 1, 2015
Hi Guys,

I've never sold a bag before but I never use my X-large JC Saba hobo in cream. I'm thinking of selling it and using the money towards something else. My questions is how should I sell it? What are the best places (online or brick and mortar store) and how do I set a price? The bag has no wear and tear. I think I've only used it twice. It's been stored in the dust bag.

TIA

Hi Minicake!
I sell my designer items on Tradesy. I also use other sites like "OfferUp" which is for local buyers only. Tradesy you can reach everyone in the states (I think Canada too). I personally love this site and I've sold 16 things on there that all went smooth.

I've never tried Ebay, Fashionphile or Rebagg or Yoggi's etc. But you most certainly can check them out (read reviews, look at commission fees) and see what works for you. Tradesy takes 9% PLUS 2.5% transfer fee to your account once you sell an item.

If you do decide to sell your bag online, I would recommend attaching a security tag to the item to protect yourself and the buyer. That way if the buyer returned the item for any reason, it must have your security tag on it to prove that it is your bag (to avoid a good ole switch-a-roo conflict).

As far as what to price it, type the name of your bag in a google search and see what other similar bags are selling for and you can kind of adjust it to that.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :smile:

Hi Guys,

I've never sold a bag before but I never use my X-large JC Saba hobo in cream. I'm thinking of selling it and using the money towards something else. My questions is how should I sell it? What are the best places (online or brick and mortar store) and how do I set a price? The bag has no wear and tear. I think I've only used it twice. It's been stored in the dust bag.

TIA

Hi Guys,

TIA
You will get the most $$$ if you sell on eBay. I have sold many bags there and it is very easy and costs about 20% including PayPal fees. Most on line resellers like Fashionphile take about 30% and will list your bag way under market price. brick and mortar stores will take about 50-60% I will say resale on Jimmy Choo is around 25% of the original cost of the bag. Depressing...

Last edited:
Yeah I see that about the pricing. It's annoying because my Dad picked this bag up for me sight unseen and if it was even a little bit smaller it would have been perfect. It's just so large and so cream in colour! But it might just be worth keeping then have to deal with the hassle of selling for not much money.

Yeah I see that about the pricing. It's annoying because my Dad picked this bag up for me sight unseen and if it was even a little bit smaller it would have been perfect. It's just so large and so cream in colour! But it might just be worth keeping then have to deal with the hassle of selling for not much money.

I would keep it in that case, you don't want to regret it later. Trust me, I've been there and it still haunts me! :smile: ALTHOUGH, some people will pay the price if it's in great condition. How old is the purse? And what would you be happy selling it for?