Best way to score a Mini Classic Flap (Black) from boutique?

mightyhunter

Sep 15, 2020
Hello! I've only dipped my toes into the Chanel SLG world but am hoping to find a Mini CF in Black (pref GHW, rectangular) for my mom. For context, I am located in Toronto, Canada.

Based on what I think I know about Chanel, black CFs (esp Minis) are hard to come by. I don't live super close to any boutiques and I'm doubtful about being able to walk in and ask to purchase one lol, so I wanted to ask if anyone has any advice on how best to hunt one down. Should I try to call a boutique and ask? Do I need build a strong relationship with a CA and cross my fingers that they'll do the hunting for me?

I've only purchased from the Yorkdale Chanel boutique once, and the CA seemed super impatient with me and didn't offer up any contact info so I have no connections to CAs at the moment. Just trying to prepare myself for what may be a long battle ahead :shocked:

Huge thanks in advance to any suggestions or advice here!

Reactions: BrownBuggy
I'm a little confused by what bag you're talking about. Do you mean a small classic flap (the double flap) or the mini rectangular ? It's not a huge difference in relation to your question, but you'll definitely want to know the kind of bag you're asking for.

In regards to finding the bag, you might try heading over to the What's In Stock thread over in the shopping forum. There are some amazing TPFers who will share their boutique finds, and I've seen both bags mentioned there.

Reactions: BrownBuggy
The Mini Rectangular, sorry :P
I'll definitely check out threads you mentioned! Thank you
It also depends on which country you are in. I assume you are in Canada? Sometimes the stock thread might have stocks from boutiques in Canada, but mostly in the US as far as I’m concerned. I also suggest that you talk to your SA or find a SA who you feel comfortable with in boutiques and tell him/her that you are interested in the mini rectangular and see if he/she can put you onto a waitlist.

Reactions: thundercloud
I’m also in Toronto and last year I called all the stores. Holts at bloor SA took down my name and texted me within a few days to say I was selected in the draw. Apparently the wait list is selected by draw and not in order. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: mightyhunter