Best Way to Prevent Color Transfer?

nickers84

CoachatFirstSight <3
Sep 18, 2011
I'm hoping someone can offer some suggestions.

I have a bone MSB OTW and I'm scared of color transfer. Besides the Apple spray is there anything I can use to prevent or minimize color transfer?

I guess I'll have to be extra careful in my clothing choices when using the bone MSB. Although I don't think I have anything that is new/recently dyed that would rub off.

Thanks for your suggestions!

In my experience color transfer is the worst with patent bags and I too am very concerned about color transfer with my white and patent camel sophias. I am simply really really careful about what my bag touches......it might sound unrealistic but for me it's been the best way to keep them nice looking. I have had no probs with color transfer of my clothes when I'm just carrying them, but I won't let them sit on anything (a jacket for example) or sit against another bag, especially in the car where my bags get warm if I need to leave them inside. Also they're all stored seperately in their individual dust bags and boxes. I once had a patent red bag that got color transfer from sitting next to a black bag and now I'm slightly paranoid about it.

In my experience color transfer is the worst with patent bags and I too am very concerned about color transfer with my white and patent camel sophias. I am simply really really careful about what my bag touches......it might sound unrealistic but for me it's been the best way to keep them nice looking. I have had no probs with color transfer of my clothes when I'm just carrying them, but I won't let them sit on anything (a jacket for example) or sit against another bag, especially in the car where my bags get warm if I need to leave them inside. Also they're all stored seperately in their individual dust bags and boxes. I once had a patent red bag that got color transfer from sitting next to a black bag and now I'm slightly paranoid about it.

I agree- being slightly paranoid is okay with your "babies" :smile: I've heard of people dealing with color transfer from new jeans or a new black sweater so that concerns me. But, all my jeans have been washed a million times so I'm hoping that won't be an issue :smile:

Off topic:

Not answering your question but just had to comment.......I opened your post and saw that cute, adorable baby! It's a girl, right? She has such a serious look on her face, it made me laugh out loud! :tender::heart:

Off topic:

Not answering your question but just had to comment.......I opened your post and saw that cute, adorable baby! It's a girl, right? She has such a serious look on her face, it made me laugh out loud! :tender::heart:

Haha! Yup, that's my daughter. She was 6 months at the time of the photo and is now 20 months today. It was hard getting her to smile that day for some odd reason. Maybe it was the photographer and she was unfamiliar with her? The only way she'd smile is if we'd blow in her face to take her breath away- she LOVED that!

Still be cautious with your jeans even if you've washed them a bunch of times. My jeans have been washed many times and still put dye on one of my bags. I wear mostly dark wash jeans though, maybe the light ones are fine.

in my experience as well it only transferred onto my patent leather - of course my fav bag! and of course there is no way to get it off (that i know of) :sad: my best advice is do not wear silver brand jeans or black skirts! lol good luck keeping it clean! :smile:

One time a new red blouse got color transfer on my only 65th anniversary legacy leather bag, my black bridget! But I noticed it quickly and it came off easily with a damp cloth. :sweatdrop:

After washing the blouse it didn't seem to be a problem, but I made sure never to carry a light-colored bag (or bridget!) while I was wearing that blouse!

If you have doubts about your levis, or anything else, take a damp Q-tip and rub it back and forth several times against the denim fabric. If the dye comes off on the Q-tip, it may also come off on your bag.

One of my patent Coach white bags was ruined by a white/purple print blouse, I had never thought would be a problem. Nothing would take it off safely, thankfully it was along the bottom edge of the bag and doesn't show much.