Best small bag for a new mom?

Another vote for Twice, Bloomsbury PM, or Pochette Accessories with long strap. I have all these bags as well as an Eva but I think the Eva lacks structure on the bottom so it's a bit more fussy than the pochette which is a breeze to get in and out of.

I used Speedy B 25's for a few years. Realized I wasn't a fan of the small opening. Bought the Siena PM and loving it. Larger opening and sits nicely as a crossbody.
Yes I agree. I have a Mazarine (looks like the Siena but in Empreinte) and it is perfect for everyday, as you can hold your essentials + little extra stuff when needed.
I also have a Soho Disco and it is really another good choice when you are a young mum, but smaller.
PS : I have a 3y boy and a 9 months girl

What about the Mabillon. Great crossbody bag with great outside pocket and additional hidden compartment. The only vachetta is the crossbody strap. I'm thinking this is a great bag that is overlooked. It's a bit smaller than the Bloomsbury and is in monogram print. Def worth a look. I'm thinking about it myself. Anyone own it?

Reactions: gajitldy
I have a three month old and I have the Pallas clutch in noir and the pochette Metis empreinte in noir, both are perfect for mum life and really compliment each other in a collection as they have different uses. I then use a larger tote for baby things - I have been using my mono neverfull mm or mimco baby bag.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I have a Alma BB in Epi and feel even for me alone it can be a pain to open. It's quite stiff and usually requires two hands to open and get into it. I couldn't imagine carding not that bag with a baby in my other arm, but I also do not have kiddos (yet.) and love my BB.

I also have a Reverse Pochette Metis and find wth a baby it could feel a bit heavy but is easy to get in and out of.

Out my my collection (b/c those are what I'm familiar with.) I would say something light and easy with no veshetta: Bloomsbury. Super comfortable to wear, or zips closed and holds more than the BB. It conforms to your body so even if you had the baby on the same hip as your bag it wouldn't be as uncomfortable as day the BB and it has a great exterior pocket for easy access to your phone. I would imagine that will become important when you baby just looks so adorable you must get a photo in that exact moment. [emoji6]

Others I could recommend would be Speedy B 25 (but it sounds like that isn't the bag for you.) Pochette Accessory, a light weight option and also very comfortable and would be easy to toss into your diaper bag if it's too much to carry baby and diaper bag and purse. (My girlfriends mama purse.) and finally the favorite would be my suggestions. Hope this helps and congratulations!!! How wonderful!

Thanks all again for all helpful replies! So, a little update:

I have ended up getting the Alma BB, which I realize will probably not be a great mom bag, but I've been wanting it for so long, couldn't say no anymore. But the Alma doesn't mean the search is over :smile: While at the boutique I looked into your suggestions, and I have narrowed it down to...

• Speedy B 25
And one of these smaller ones:
  • Eva (sadly being discontinued!)
  • Pallas clutch
  • Felicie (my SA's suggestion, I'd wear it with another strap for everyday use, chain for special occasions. Does anyone have it? Thoughts?)

I think the Alma is an amazing bag. You'll love it. Congrats. And I'm thinking speedy B 25 for a mom bag is perfect. Can't wait to see what you end up with for your new baby's arrival.

I've had my speedy b 25 for a year and wore it cross body for the first time this weekend. I thought it'd be a bit bulky on my hip but no, love it its perfect :smile: I've never found the opening to be difficult either I carry a clemence wallet, cosmetic pouch pm, cles plus random bits and bobs! Good luck choosing and with your baby.

Reactions: Happyhippo