Best shampoo for daily cleansing

xolvxo

Jul 24, 2008
What are your thoughts as to the best shampoo for daily cleansing? I recently started a new exercise regimen and I don't think I can stand the thought of using a dry shampoo and not doing a thorough cleanse after each workout. I currently use WEN and I love it but it would start to get very expensive if I was using it daily rather than 2-3 times a week. I have long, thick, rather straight hair. I do think WEN has improved my hair over the last year I have been using it and I'm kind of nervous about switching. Any input is greatly appreciated!

I am kind of a big believer that once you find something that REALLY works for you, to stick to it or you''ll be disappointed with the results. I am a Dove hair girl. I have to wash my hair daily since it is very oily and I find it to be perfect and no better than when I used the higher price point salon stuff but that is just me. Everytime I switch, I am really unhappy.

Geez, I am no help whatsoever :biggrin:

Since you like Wen, have you ever thought about diluting it? My stylist suggested this, add some water to an empty bottle (with squirt to), then add the shampoo. He said in general, we can get heavy handed with shampoo and use more than needed... Concentrate on your scalp and the run-off will clean the rest of your hair...

I agree w/ not changing if you found something you LOVE.
Have you considered not shampooing each time? What I mean is go ahead and shower like you would shampoo, wet it, etc. . . but don't soap it up. Shampooing every.single.day. is not good for your hair anyhow, I mean your hair gets sweaty, but not oily. I'd still condition the ends before getting out. It's worth a try!

Diluting the WEN might be an option because it is super thick. I think you're right Swanky about it not being healthy to shampoo EVERY day. Now that I think about it the condition of my hair has improved since I started using Wen AND not shampooing everyday like I used to when I used Pantene. :yes:

I agree w/ not changing if you found something you LOVE.
Have you considered not shampooing each time? What I mean is go ahead and shower like you would shampoo, wet it, etc. . . but don't soap it up. Shampooing every.single.day. is not good for your hair anyhow, I mean your hair gets sweaty, but not oily. I'd still condition the ends before getting out. It's worth a try!

Thanks, Swanky! Great suggestion. BTW, your tips for haircare are awesome :biggrin:

Thanks, Swanky! Great suggestion. BTW, your tips for haircare are awesome :biggrin:

Aww, thanks! :blush: I'm a hair product junkie. My hair dresser did just tell me last week that my hair is super healthy for being colored/high lighted and to not change a thing! I was SO happy!

I've been using Kerastase Bain Volumactive...has anyone else ever used that?? I'm not sure I love it

You may want to search for Kerastase threads or similar threads to your question :tup:

this will sound weird, but what about baby shampoo? it's gentle enough to use everyday, and your hair won't get that dirty if you're shampooing everyday so i don't think it's necessary to use something more deep cleaning on a daily basis.

I exercise after work, so when I come home I feel the need to scrub up and remove all the sweat/hair products; I've been using the Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo and it's worked just fine even though my hair is on the dry side. Then I just wet my hair without shampooing when I shower in the morning.

I wouldn't use a clarifier everyday, it's not meant to be used more than once/week - it strips everything. It will definitely continue to cause dry hair.
Baby shampoo is pretty low quality.