best place to buy pre-loved??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmk1021

Jul 28, 2016
I bought a wallet last year on fashionphile and honestly when i received it I wasn't happy. It had a very strong oder of perfume and mint. I aired it out but to no avail. It sits in my closet a year later with the same smell. I wanted to get a speedy 30 pre loved. Where are the best sites for pre loved and what is your experience? Im willing to try fashionphile again.

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
I bought a wallet last year on fashionphile and honestly when i received it I wasn't happy. It had a very strong oder of perfume and mint. I aired it out but to no avail. It sits in my closet a year later with the same smell. I wanted to get a speedy 30 pre loved. Where are the best sites for pre loved and what is your experience? Im willing to try fashionphile again.
If you are a savvy buyer, you can pick up great items on eBay. But obviously you need to weed out all the fakes.

I have bought two pieces from Yoogi's Closet and one from Fashionphile. Both companies offered a great experience. I can say that the items were in better condition than I expected.

Reactions: Pmrbfay

Daisy22

O.G.
Nov 3, 2008
I love Fashionphile - I sometimes order through them if the item is in new or excellent condition rather than LV. Why? Because returns are effortless and I have 30 days. Yoogi's is ok, but I think they over price items given their condition or availability on other resell sites. Also, sometimes when you read the description or look at the pictures of a "Like New" item they are not in what I would consider "Like New" condition. I ordered from Ann's Fabulous Finds once, and had a good experience, but it was just one experience and their prices are on the high-end for preloved IMO. There are also a number of good Japanese resellers...

Reactions: ccbaggirl89

huskylady17

Apr 3, 2017
I agree hard to tell on eBay. The imposters even can show receipts. I never buy anything not returnable. What do you all think about Poshmark! Or I heard on another post a LV facebook group?

2cello

Mar 16, 2017
Yoogi's is ok, but I think they over price items given their condition or availability on other resell sites. Also, sometimes when you read the description or look at the pictures of a "Like New" item they are not in what I would consider "Like New" condition.
I bought a Mansur Gavriel bag from Yoogi's that was listed as "like new" condition but the description said otherwise. The price was great on that one though so I was fine with it and the wear was minor. They are honest with their *descriptions* IMO but yeah, maybe ignore the classification.

I imagine there is a lot of motivation to list as many bags as possible as "like new" because so many buyers filter on that.

ccbaggirl89

Mar 26, 2015
i love fashionphile but i recently started buying from Trendlee. they have a shop on ebay and a huge website. the prices are much better than fashionphile and the descriptions have been accurate for what i bought. they also have sales a lot, which brings down the price. i saw them recommended in another thread and decided to try and have been happy. the shipping is super slow but the products so far have been very nice and authentic.

Reactions: 2cello

cocolv

Sep 4, 2015
New England / CA
From another point of view- I sell (honestly, not too much) on Tradesy because for me, it's the easiest. I don't do eBay as I would get too stressed wondering if what I purchased was legit & I wouldn't sell on eBay because I honestly don't want to deal with returns & feedback. My collection is 95% from LV Boutiques, 5% from Fashionphile. I do think you have to be a savvy shopper to deal with expensive designer handbags on eBay. Wherever you purchase from you want to be comfortable dealing with the entire purchase & possible return. I really feel for people when I read the stories on tPF about pre-loved purchases that either go wrong or that just turn into more stress than it's worth. I would like to say, don't discount Tradesy as there are honest sellers on there that are just cleaning out their closet. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.