Best Louboutin Store in Chicago?

MightyQuinn

Sep 15, 2008
Learned Louboutin enthusiasts,

Rather than buying my wife a pair of Louboutins online, which invariably will not fit, or will be the wrong color or style, I am thinking about buying her a slightly less romantic gift certificate to Saks, or Nordstroms or Nieman Marcus. This way she will have no choice but to spend the money on herself (which she would not otherwise do), but she can also pick what she likes. My question is: which store, if you could pick only one, would be best?

We live in Chicago, so our options are pretty open, but there is no Louboutin boutique. Otherwise, we have most of the big names. Is one store any better than the rest for pricing, selection or customer experience (for this kind of money, I want her thoroughly pampered)? This will be her first pair of designer shoes, and she want knee high boots.

Grateful for any suggestions!

John

^^ i guess it kind of depends on what you want right?

Neimans has good selection but it's always worth checking out Barney's and Saks since they carry different stuff.

Gotta shop around right? :graucho:

Ok, just browsed through NM, Saks, Nordies and Barneys. Most number of styles in Saks, they even had my size in the studded VPs (yey!). NM carries different stocks but not as many as Saks. Nordies has the basics, but limited selection. Negligible selection at Barneys. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! Beth picked out the Bourges 85mm Ronado knee high boots in black online. That way she could return them and exchange them if necessary. However, given the cooing noise she made when she put them on, that seems unlikely... They fit perfectly with Jbrand jeans and she will be touring them on Michigan Avenue for our anniversary this weekend. They were appallingly expensive, but they sure make her feel pretty!

JQ