Best Leather Conditioner for Florentine Leather

D

Deleted 730019

Tried aussie but want something a but lighter for touch ups...ordered apple but it seems the formula has changed...the bottle I had ran like water...not what I remember in the past. Any recommendations? I like Aussie for heavy cleaning, need something light for just basic maintenance. Thank you so much!

Got Bick 4 today and tried it on my PL hobo side pocket bag, seemed to work fine...smells just like Apple...better priced...also used on my flo black pocket tote. Seemed to clean well, just wonder if it is also a water repellent too?

Purpleflower, I looked it up. Bickmore Gard-more it's called. I saw it on Amazon. Haven't used the spray just the conditioner. Think I will try it too. Bet your Ivy hobo is such a rich green after using the Bick.

Thanks! I use the Cadillac spray and it works well. I do like Bick 4 for conditioning...yes the green is popping now! Bick 4 did an awesome job. Will use on several other purses that I bring out..they all are thirsty looking LOL

Reactions: Lunalark
Thanks! I use the Cadillac spray and it works well. I do like Bick 4 for conditioning...yes the green is popping now! Bick 4 did an awesome job. Will use on several other purses that I bring out..they all are thirsty looking LOL
I misunderstood previous post. Yeah I think the conditioner does offer some protection. I used just the Bick 4 on a florentine toggle crossbody in dusty blue last summer and a water drop did roll off ok. Obviously both the spray and conditioner is the ultimate protection together on lighter bags imo.

The challenge with a pebbled leather handbag with smooth trim in vachetta leather...
either dyed or undyed vachetta leather.... is that the pebbled leather part of the
bag won't spot if it gets wet..... but the vachetta trim needs protection from
water spotting.

On my Dooney pebbled leather handbags if the vachetta trim is dyed, then I just
use a leather conditioner or mink oil on the vachetta. Since it's a small amount
of vachetta and it's already dyed, that seems to work well enough.

If the handbag has undyed vachetta trim or the entire bag is undyed vachetta leather....
then we must guard against any moisture spots. In those cases, I don't think that
leather conditioners will be enough to protect the bag. Undyed vachetta trim and I
do not get along. The first time I use a bag with undyed vachetta handles it
seems to attract water spots..... even if there isn't a drop of rain for miles.
My bags have gotten spotted from water drops when I washed my hands or
from condensation on the outside of a glass when eating out. I try to avoid undyed
vachetta trim, no matter how beautiful it is too look at.

Apple also has a water repellent spray called Apple garde. I have used it on my bags, including LV vachetta. It works great! Once a boy fell and his frozen coke spilled all over my LV Delightful. The Apple Garde protected it. I also use it on my natural colored Florentines.

Agree with all these posts. I Apple Guarde spray on the trim too.

Speaking of the side Hobo-- just saw QVC brought back the Florentine side Hobo! And a few other older styles..now if a great sale happens...

Reactions: Brendutch