Best handbag to carry along with a diaper bag?

Pseekand

Mar 30, 2016
Hi all! I'm due in April and looking for a medium size (lightweight) bag to carry in addition to a diaper bag (may go with the Prada diaper bag). I decided to post in Céline because I was looking at the med trapeze bag. But I'm open to any suggestions. Lately I've been carrying my neverfull everyday (no baby yet so no other bags to carry) but am ready for a more classy/practical upgrade. I value practicality and multi-purpose bags!

I don't think the trapeze is a good bag to carry on top of a diaper bag. The sides jut out too much and you're limited to shoulder carry. You'll definitely want a small crossbody to be hands free with the baby. Either that or skip the diaper bag and use your neverfull for everything. I personally carried a diaper bag and a woc for my essentials. If I need to carry more, I'd just throw it into the diaper bag.

Reactions: onepiece101
I use my nano with the diaper bag. It fits quite a bit! It's the perfect hands free cross body bag. And it's easy to get in and out of because of the zipper. :biggrin:

Agree with the others that a cross body bag would be a better option than med trapeze. Sadly I haven't used my med trapeze since I've had my first baby and now pregnant with second. I find it too big and not easy to get in and out of, especially with one hand. Even with two hands it's hard!
I use a diaper bag for baby goods and small cross body bag for myself (eg chanel mini/woc, Celine trio/box).

A crossbody for sure! I think the Micro Belt Bag is a nice solution: The grained Calfskin is great on wear, the open and roomy interior, the petite size and exterior zipppered pocket on the back of the bag-- all positive features! And of course-- a lovely Bag to use for years and years once you don't need to carry a diaper bag along with it. Here's a Light Taupe in the grained leather:

Attachments

• IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: dreamlet