Best Drugstore Waterproof Mascara?

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
I am still searching for the perfect drugstore waterproof mascara. I've been using Cover Girl Last Blast for a few years but it still ends up smudging. I put powder over my undereye concealer but that still doesn't work. Is there one that doesn't budge?

TIA~~~

I used to have a terrible time with mascaras not staying put due to my oily eyes. The combo that works best for me is Last blast over urban decay primer; now I can go all day without looking like a panda :smile:

Waterproof mascara is the ONLY kind I wear, so FWIW ...
***note:
I have very very very thin lashes, but they are long. So if you have short, but thick lashes, this probably is NOT the mascara for you.

Best drugstore VOLUMIZING waterproof mascaras for me are:

1-
L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara
(I use the carbon black, but I find that the regular "blackest black" wears a bit better -- the carbon black will flake a bit IF you sleep in it (not that one should, but I do)! The blackest black won't budge at all. )

And...

2-
L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Million Lashes Mascara
I use this in Blackest Black. This will not budge, nor does it flake even if worn overnight.

I like them both, for different reasons:
#1 == I love the stark blackness of the Carbon Black shade. This also goes on thicker with less coat strokes.

#2 ==
I love this one now. I hated it at first. Compared to #1, Million Lash takes MANY more strokes to build thickness. BUT, once you get your desired look, WOW. My lashes look "full", but not "thick", IFYKWIM. They are fluttery, not "heavy". It really does make it look as if I have way more lash hairs than I could see before applying the mascara!

BOTH are really waterproof.
I've warn them through showers, swimming, sweating during a vigorous workout, and slept with them on. They are NOT going anywhere until you remove them. lol

IF I had to choose just one, I'd pick the #2 Million Lashes because I love that I can even re-apply the mascara (If I wanted even FULLER lashes for evening), and it never looks clumpy (whereas with #1, you can get a clumpy look if you did reapply later in the day...you have to do that very sparingly). With #2, I can go to town with the layering, and it just looks perfect! AMAZING.

It did take a bit of a learning curve with #2, as I said. In the beginning it seemed that the brush just wasn't picking up enough product, but I just wasn't using it correctly.

Removal:
I use Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads
This has a bit of an oily feel, but it's not hard to wash off at all. And best of all, it just melts off waterproof mu with such ease! I LOVE it! Very gentle and will NOT irritate sensitive eyes (which I have).

good luck!