Best Bag for a 13" Macbook?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I need a bag for my 13" Macbook and of course want stylish and COACH! I was wondering if my laptop would fit in either the older or new factory Gigi, or the new 08 Legacy Tote 12705? I was thinking of the Hamptons Business Tote with the legacy lining but I'm unsure about the open top....

Any other ideas for a great Coach laptop bag? It doesn't have to scream LAPTOP :smile:

OH... and IF my MacBook will fit in the Legacy Tote, what colors did that come in please? All I seem to be able to find is grey or brown...

2. 12705 came in gray, brown, black, white and there was a pilot amethyst version I think.

3. I like to use my Bleecker Elisa as a laptop bag. :yes:

4. My 13" macbook fits in my julianne!

5. If you get a sleeve for your MacBook, you can get a bag with an open top and feel secure. that's what I do with my MacBook and it works well. Plus, for a complete klutz like me, extra padding around the computer is helpful.

6. I don't think it would fit easily in the 12705 tote, plus IMHO the leather is not really substantial enough to carry a laptop.

7. What about the new Gigi-lookalike? Is she smaller than original Gigi? I know she WEIGHS less... but size-wise, would my MacBook fit in there?

8. I have an 05 Canvas Soho Tote that I keep my laptop in. It's light, has a nice wide bottom so the bag stands by itself and I get enough things in the bag on each side of the laptop sleeve to keep it well protected. I found it on ebay for a steal.

9. is there a new gigi look-alike? i'm curious!

10. It's the new Legacy Tote 12888, picture borrowed from the bay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. oh! hehe!

12. I've seen these in person at the outlets, and I don't think a 13" laptop would fit comfortably in it.

13. #13 Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009

What about the Transatlantic Leather Draft Tote or a Heritage Stripe Tote? The Transatlantic is really nice looking:

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/70102_svbk_a0_front?$maintest$

I also like the two Harrison bags, and they look big enough for a laptop and other stuff:

s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/70144_svlw_a0_front?$maintest$

s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/70151_svbk_a0_front?$maintest$

EDIT: Grrr, I can't get the Coach images to link. Sorry.

14. The first Harrison bag is really nice too :smile:

I'm also looking at some vintage briefcases and messenger bags....

15. I don't think you can ever go wrong with a Coach briefcase. :smile:

I carry my laptop everywhere I go during the week, so I understand the quest for the perfect bag for it!

I tried out the Hamptons Laptop Tote last week (12979) and was disappointed -- even on its shortest strap lenth, it was way too long for me as a laptop bag. It would have hit mid-thigh and bounced my laptop around. I'm 5'5", so I was surprised it hit so low.