Best Bag for a 13" Macbook?

BDP

Live Love Coach
O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
I need a bag for my 13" Macbook and of course want stylish and COACH! I was wondering if my laptop would fit in either the older or new factory Gigi, or the new 08 Legacy Tote 12705? I was thinking of the Hamptons Business Tote with the legacy lining but I'm unsure about the open top....

Any other ideas for a great Coach laptop bag? It doesn't have to scream LAPTOP :smile:

OH... and IF my MacBook will fit in the Legacy Tote, what colors did that come in please? All I seem to be able to find is grey or brown...

If you get a sleeve for your MacBook, you can get a bag with an open top and feel secure. that's what I do with my MacBook and it works well. Plus, for a complete klutz like me, extra padding around the computer is helpful.

What about the new Gigi-lookalike? Is she smaller than original Gigi? I know she WEIGHS less... but size-wise, would my MacBook fit in there?

I have an 05 Canvas Soho Tote that I keep my laptop in. It's light, has a nice wide bottom so the bag stands by itself and I get enough things in the bag on each side of the laptop sleeve to keep it well protected. I found it on ebay for a steal.

It's the new Legacy Tote 12888, picture borrowed from the bay:

d74f_1.JPG

188458492_o.jpg

Any other ideas for a great Coach laptop bag? It doesn't have to scream LAPTOP :smile:

OH... and IF my MacBook will fit in the Legacy Tote, what colors did that come in please? All I seem to be able to find is grey or brown...

What about the Transatlantic Leather Draft Tote or a Heritage Stripe Tote? The Transatlantic is really nice looking:

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/70102_svbk_a0_front?$maintest$

I also like the two Harrison bags, and they look big enough for a laptop and other stuff:

s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/70144_svlw_a0_front?$maintest$

s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/70151_svbk_a0_front?$maintest$

EDIT: Grrr, I can't get the Coach images to link. Sorry.

Last edited:
I don't think you can ever go wrong with a Coach briefcase. :smile:

I carry my laptop everywhere I go during the week, so I understand the quest for the perfect bag for it!

I tried out the Hamptons Laptop Tote last week (12979) and was disappointed -- even on its shortest strap lenth, it was way too long for me as a laptop bag. It would have hit mid-thigh and bounced my laptop around. I'm 5'5", so I was surprised it hit so low.