Best 3 Step Program? Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer???

queenvictoria2

psalm 25:4
O.G.
Sep 18, 2006
Hi!

I am looking for a new skin care program, basically I need a new Cleanser, Toner and Moisturizer.

I currently use Philosophy Purity and Hope In a Jar. Purity does not get everything off the way I would like and not loving the results with the moisturizer as my face is still a little dry.
I need to add a Toner too, so any suggestions on Skin Care Lines? something lightweight and not greasy :P

Thanks!!

Queen, I use Philosophy Purity and I wash twice to get all my makeup off. I've used the Neutrogena wipes and thought they were ok. For skin care I currently use Lancome High Resolution line, but Estee Lauder is pretty good as well.

I'm really picky about toners, I feel like most of the ones out there are either too stripping, or they are way too moisturizing. The point of a toner is to tone and allow your moisturizer to settle, so I think it can be hard to choose one that's right for your skin.

Depending on your skin type, you may need one with alcohol, w/o alcohol, or a hydrating toner. You say you want something lightweight, so I would stay away from jelly type toners as that might be too heavy for you. So that leaves you with a non-alcoholic toner or one with it. I personally really dislike ones with alcohol however, as they are just too drying.

I am currently using Lancome's Tonique Douceur, and it's alright but nothing too spectacular. I chose it because it's been around for ages and it's considered a classic. I think I'm going to try Ole Henriksen's Toners next as I've heard good things about that line. My friend also recommended Shiseido's Pureness Balancing Toner to me as well.

For me Clinique 3 Step, I love it. I use all 3 twice a day, my oily skin is well controlled and hardly ever breaks out. I love the dramatically different moisturizing gel.

For me Clinique 3 Step, I love it. I use all 3 twice a day, my oily skin is well controlled and hardly ever breaks out. I love the dramatically different moisturizing gel.

I only started following a stricter routine at the beginning of winter as my skin gets incredibly dry during this period. I use sensitive baby wipes, but Clinique toner and moisturiser - I've definitely noticed a different and would highly recommend it.

I use a lot of Dr Hauschka products and contrary to popular belief, everybody doesn't need a toner.

I've heard that not everyone needs a toner before - is there a specific skin type that does? I used to use one when I was a teenager and obsessively trying everything to get rid of my acne, but I've simplified my face routine to just face wash+moisturizer since then. Can't really tell the difference, except my skin's more dry now, but that might be due to age/moving to a new location.

Im all over the Place.
I use the Lancome foaming Cleaner and I love it. The Toner i use is Clinique, and moisturizer is the Shu Uemura RED:JUVENUS VITALIZING RETEXTURIZING CREAM

I've heard that not everyone needs a toner before - is there a specific skin type that does? I used to use one when I was a teenager and obsessively trying everything to get rid of my acne, but I've simplified my face routine to just face wash+moisturizer since then. Can't really tell the difference, except my skin's more dry now, but that might be due to age/moving to a new location.

the reading didn't specify which skin types don't need toner. I'll try to find the article and post it.

For instance one of their approaches to skincare is no night moisturizer. Since reading that, I don't use a night moisturizer in the spring/summer. I let my skin breath, especially if I've had makeup on during the day. The next day, I just splash my face with water and apply a moisturizer w/sunscreen.

I think you're probably right about the change in your skin care - age and new climate can sometimes wreck HAVOCK on our skin.

I do like their skincare philosophy:
7 Facts that Will Change Your Skin

My all time fave 3 are...

-Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (gentle and takes of makeup)
-Neutrogena alcohol free toner (very gentle/doesn't dry me out). I have also used some toners from C.O. Bigelow that I really liked
-Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel (not the lotion!) - this stuff is amazing. It is light enough to where it doesn't break me out, but also moisturizes very well.

For dry spots and my very dry eyelids I use Clinique moisture surge gel. For makeup remover wipes, I always go back to Neutrogena. They have a couple different formulas, but I like them all.