Bergdorf Goodman experiences

I don't like BG order policy. Although they have the right to choose how to do business, it is not something that I would expect from a high end store.
I wanted to stock up shiseido cotton pad during their $500 $75 off event. I ordered 26 packs along with 5 estée launder eye creams. The online order went thought with no problem. Couple days later, i got an email from them informing me my order on cotton pads were delayed but they shipped the eye cream. after that email, I have not heard from them. I contacted customer services couple weeks later. They then told me that my order was canceled because it exceeded the item quantity limit. I asked what was the quota and why they allowed the order to go through in the first place. They said they had the right to refuse business and told me the quota was 6. Then i asked to ship me 6 but they only agreed to ship 1. That is the story on the cotton pads.

4 months later when I got to the 3rd jar of eye cream ordered from them, I found out that it was only 1/3 filled. It did not look used, but maybe the water of the cream evaporated and became stale. So I checked the rest 2 jars. One of them was also like that and another one was ok. I contacted them again and they refused to do anything saying it has been too long and the order did not qualify for return. I asked to speak with the manager and they agreed to refund me one jar. But they never did. I did not contact them again as I didn't think it would get me anywhere. It would only be waste of time.

I will never buy for BG again. I don't like their rigid business policy. I rather pay more to buy from saks. At least I feel i can will be well taken care if there is any issue. I ordered $300 skincare from saks, and the package was lost (FedEx said it was delivered but I never got it). Saks refunded me the full amount no question asked and helped me to place another order and honored the gift card promotion while the re-order took place after the event was over.

I love Bergdorf's in terms of what they stock and how the items are presented. They have the best selection of china and you cannot find better Christmas ornaments elsewhere. The sales are also not to be missed, but yes, there is a tendency for the sales associates to devote a lot of time to existing/repeat customers and ignore unrecognised faces or people who may not be "dressed well". My suggestion is to ignore the attitude and spend as you wish or dress nicely (my preference is for the former). That said, once you have shopped there a few times, you can develop really good relationships. My mother is a devotee and she has a sales associate who sets items aside, as soon as they go on sale, for my mother to have a look.

I don't like BG order policy. Although they have the right to choose how to do business, it is not something that I would expect from a high end store.
I wanted to stock up shiseido cotton pad during their $500 $75 off event. I ordered 26 packs along with 5 estée launder eye creams. The online order went thought with no problem. Couple days later, i got an email from them informing me my order on cotton pads were delayed but they shipped the eye cream. after that email, I have not heard from them. I contacted customer services couple weeks later. They then told me that my order was canceled because it exceeded the item quantity limit. I asked what was the quota and why they allowed the order to go through in the first place. They said they had the right to refuse business and told me the quota was 6. Then i asked to ship me 6 but they only agreed to ship 1. That is the story on the cotton pads.

4 months later when I got to the 3rd jar of eye cream ordered from them, I found out that it was only 1/3 filled. It did not look used, but maybe the water of the cream evaporated and became stale. So I checked the rest 2 jars. One of them was also like that and another one was ok. I contacted them again and they refused to do anything saying it has been too long and the order did not qualify for return. I asked to speak with the manager and they agreed to refund me one jar. But they never did. I did not contact them again as I didn't think it would get me anywhere. It would only be waste of time.

I will never buy for BG again. I don't like their rigid business policy. I rather pay more to buy from saks. At least I feel i can will be well taken care if there is any issue. I ordered $300 skincare from saks, and the package was lost (FedEx said it was delivered but I never got it). Saks refunded me the full amount no question asked and helped me to place another order and honored the gift card promotion while the re-order took place after the event was over.
Hi YMPTPF77 - so sorry to hear of your frustration! I've been in touch with the online team and they would like to help. It seems that there was an issue with the system that they now are trying to correct. Please call 877 908 1180; BG.com customer service already is aware of the issue and is ready to credit the creams for you!

Best,
BG

I've only dealt with their handbag dept via email/phone as there's no BG where I live and their service was the best of all the dept stores I've ordered bags from. Particularly how they packaged my items with care.