becoming addicted to drugstore cosmetics

I just got the wet n wild stick foundation. pretty good coverage w/o being masky. I have some some damaged areas to cover but don't like a very full coverage foundation.
color is good on me

Reactions: chessmont
I finally tried the Maybelline Dewy + Smooth and Matte + Poreless foundations. I typically wear my Milani Conceal + Perfect if I want real full coverage or my WnW photofocus or cushion if I want a little less.

My goodness, why did I wait so long to try the Maybelline?! Light Beige is a great match for me, they go on so well, and they're in the light to mid coverage and a bit more hardy than my WnW foundations.

Absolute favorite foundations have been Milani Conceal + Perfect and Maybelline D+S/M+P. I love being able to nip down the to store to grab a shade match when the seasons change.

I also tried the Joah beauty Jelly Bae lipsticks and love the wear/feeling.
do you know if maybelline is at all consistent with foundation colors in different formulas?

I got the dream urban cover foundation in Porcelain. color is pretty good for me but I learned after buying it that it contains denatured alcohol - very drying. so I'm thinking of trying the fit me dewy and smooth in the same color. can't tell anything by looking at the bottles and stores don't have testers.

do you know if maybelline is at all consistent with foundation colors in different formulas?

I got the dream urban cover foundation in Porcelain. color is pretty good for me but I learned after buying it that it contains denatured alcohol - very drying. so I'm thinking of trying the fit me dewy and smooth in the same color. can't tell anything by looking at the bottles and stores don't have testers.

I haven't tried anything other than dewy + smooth and matte + poreless, but I found the shade was consistent across those two. I checked out a few swatches of them separately and to me it looks like the foundation is fairly consistent. There's always something to account for monitor differences, lighting, etc, but I personally would feel comfortable purchasing a shade in a different line of foundation.

That said, I have also consulted Temptalia's Foundation Matrix since there's a good breakdown of undertones: https://www.temptalia.com/foundatio...e-foundation-spf-50/porcelain/?formula=205844

I also look at a lot of try-on photos to see if someone with skin the shade like mine is applying the shade I think I am. Again, not infallible but helps me narrow down.

Hope this helps! Dewy + Smooth is one of my favorites.

I haven't tried anything other than dewy + smooth and matte + poreless, but I found the shade was consistent across those two. I checked out a few swatches of them separately and to me it looks like the foundation is fairly consistent. There's always something to account for monitor differences, lighting, etc, but I personally would feel comfortable purchasing a shade in a different line of foundation.

That said, I have also consulted Temptalia's Foundation Matrix since there's a good breakdown of undertones: https://www.temptalia.com/foundatio...e-foundation-spf-50/porcelain/?formula=205844

I also look at a lot of try-on photos to see if someone with skin the shade like mine is applying the shade I think I am. Again, not infallible but helps me narrow down.

Hope this helps! Dewy + Smooth is one of my favorites.
I got the dewy and smooth yesterday. Porcelain color seems to be same as the dream urban cover porcelain. Tried it on jawline but haven't applied it on my whole face yet. One thing that's less than ideal - no pump. Do you just pour onto your hand? Or maybe using a clean q-tip would work.
thanks for all that info :smile:

I got the dewy and smooth yesterday. Porcelain color seems to be same as the dream urban cover porcelain. Tried it on jawline but haven't applied it on my whole face yet. One thing that's less than ideal - no pump. Do you just pour onto your hand? Or maybe using a clean q-tip would work.

I pour a little into my hand but there are 3rd party pumps out there. Lots pop up if you google. Milani spoiled me for good pumps. I have a little spatula to get the last goodness out of my bottles and jars as well!

I pour a little into my hand but there are 3rd party pumps out there. Lots pop up if you google. Milani spoiled me for good pumps. I have a little spatula to get the last goodness out of my bottles and jars as well!
I have a foundation that's too dark for me that I was getting ready to toss....will see if possibly the pump from that one fits

I use the dewy and smooth in Ivory. I just shake the bottle upside down against my finger and then use that little blob on my finger to do one side of my face and temple. Then I do it again for the other side? Does that make sense? (the description that is). That way I use less than if I am pouring it out. OTOH maybe it is not that hygienic since what I touch goes back into the jar. Yikes! I only just now thought of that.

I use the dewy and smooth in Ivory. I just shake the bottle upside down against my finger and then use that little blob on my finger to do one side of my face and temple. Then I do it again for the other side? Does that make sense? (the description that is). That way I use less than if I am pouring it out. OTOH maybe it is not that hygienic since what I touch goes back into the jar. Yikes! I only just now thought of that.
that's pretty similar to what I do

I'm pretty obsessive about washing my hands before I apply makeup so hopefully the germs wouldn't be that bad....I know Paula Begoin is always going on about how much she dislikes jar packaging for this reason

The only drugstore makeup I can use is almay as everything else irritates my sensitive skin. But when it comes lippies I love getting nyx butter glosses! And I only collect limited editions from higher end brands.

The only drugstore makeup I can use is almay as everything else irritates my sensitive skin. But when it comes lippies I love getting nyx butter glosses! And I only collect limited editions from higher end brands.
good to know about Almay....sometimes brands that are touted as being good for sensitive skin aren't really. I was reading a review from Paula Begoin on Origins foundation. You'd think from their marketing they'd be one of the best. She says their foundation is full of irritating ingredients (like lavendar for one if I recall correctly)

I recently rediscovered some old MAC lip liner pencils. They are better than DS. I prefer the old style wood ones that you sharpen with a sharpener. They last a long time. My fave of the ones I had almost forgotten about is Mahogany