Beauty Bar Swap Box Round 20 Reveals!

Pearl is on my To Buy list, but not for that purpose. It blends out too sheer unfortunately for what I'd like. I definitely want to try out the Burberry white highlighter though too!

The herbivore coco rose set looked great, I'd love to hear what you think of it!

I looked up Nylon and its a gold frost, they do have a white shimmer that might possibly work, I'm just kind of on the fence about bothering with it. I haven't bought a Mac product in probably 8 years now? lol Every time I see something interesting and go to a MAC and try to give them another chance, their staff convince me not to bother with it.

I pretty much want all the current Hourglass palettes. They all look so pretty, I can't decide which to get.

Sorry you’ve had bad experiences at the Mac Store. That sucks! Nylon doesn’t really look gold IRL, it looks more white with a hint of warm undertones. Dazzlelight is another good one, but with cool, slightly pinkish undertones. Either way, I’m sure it’ll be fun looking for the perfect white highlighter. :smile:

Reactions: BomberGal
Sorry you’ve had bad experiences at the Mac Store. That sucks! Nylon doesn’t really look gold IRL, it looks more white with a hint of warm undertones. Dazzlelight is another good one, but with cool, slightly pinkish undertones. Either way, I’m sure it’ll be fun looking for the perfect white highlighter. :smile:

Yeah, I'm looking for a plain, stark white shimmer. No undertones or dual tones. Its why I'm having so much trouble finding a good one, most "white" highlighters and shadows right now are dual tone or have warm / yellow undertones or blue / purple / pink shift. I'm looking for a plain stark white. I have a drawer slowly filling up of whites that didn't work out. lol XD

Yeah, Mac has been mind-blowingly bad for me.

Yeah, I'm looking for a plain, stark white shimmer. No undertones or dual tones. Its why I'm having so much trouble finding a good one, most "white" highlighters and shadows right now are dual tone or have warm / yellow undertones or blue / purple / pink shift. I'm looking for a plain stark white. I have a drawer slowly filling up of whites that didn't work out. lol XD

Yeah, Mac has been mind-blowingly bad for me.
When I want white, I layer. Start with NYX Milk which is a creamy white shadow pencil or NYX white creamy eye shadow base and then layer on the white I want, be it a matte finish or a shimmer. The white provides a great base and a layer of white shimmer looks amazing. I also assume you are looking for the white with a silver shimmer which is the closest to white you can get, but since white in and of itself is not a shimmery color you kinda have to have the metallic to get the shimmer. Most have that golden cast which I don't care for. I would suggest the layering with a more sheer white that you thought would work if it were less sheer. The combo might be perfect. Personally I am a HUGE MAC pigment fan, and go for the white with the blue casting since I have blue eyes.... But that is me. Hope it works for you but pretty sure without combining the 2 it is going to be hard for you to get the exact thing you want with just 1 single product

Reactions: LolaCalifornia
When I want white, I layer. Start with NYX Milk which is a creamy white shadow pencil or NYX white creamy eye shadow base and then layer on the white I want, be it a matte finish or a shimmer. The white provides a great base and a layer of white shimmer looks amazing. I also assume you are looking for the white with a silver shimmer which is the closest to white you can get, but since white in and of itself is not a shimmery color you kinda have to have the metallic to get the shimmer. Most have that golden cast which I don't care for. I would suggest the layering with a more sheer white that you thought would work if it were less sheer. The combo might be perfect. Personally I am a HUGE MAC pigment fan, and go for the white with the blue casting since I have blue eyes.... But that is me. Hope it works for you but pretty sure without combining the 2 it is going to be hard for you to get the exact thing you want with just 1 single product

I love their pigments too! I completely forgot about that... they do have a white with no undertones...

No box yet? Hope BomberGirl got it safely and just forgot to post about it here

Not yet, I'm going to check the mail today, but our post office has been closed this past Thurs-Fri due to the holiday. It says still in transit when I checked, but with the post office having been closed they may have just not scanned an update. I'm hoping it will be there when I go to check the mail this afternoon. Usually, priority gets here in about 3-5 days tops (usually 3), but I guess with the holiday hours its thrown things off. (Once its here I'll get it back out QUICK. I'll try and have get it out either the same day it arrives if I get it in the AM or the morning after if in the afternoon.)