! BE WARNED ! Seller *kaya* is DISHONEST !

Pollie-Jean

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
I bought from her , she shipped to Europe. Because of a DHL failure , I couldn't pick up the package , because it was undiscoverable for two weeks , then it was returned. I mailed her, that she should file an inquiry with USPS but she didn't. Ebay closed the case against me. Now *kaya* has both , the item AND my money !! Of course she does not reply to my mails ...
I called ebay.com , but they said there's nothing they can do !?! The same at paypal. Unbelievable... Paypal / Ebay are NOT safe

The policy/rule is that if there's no tracking showing delivery, the buyer wins the case. How did the seller win?

Call paypal and file INR through them.

And if the item was $750 or more, there has to be a signature in order for the seller to win.

Did you wait too long to file? Is that why you lost? Paypal gives 180 days.

The policy/rule is that if there's no tracking showing delivery, the buyer wins the case. How did the seller win?

And if the item was $750 or more, there has to be a signature in order for the seller to win.

Agree. Doesn't sound right. Amex or VISA should help.

I bet the postal service said it was not picked up and so, they ruled against the OP. Isn't that what EBay rules state? If a buyer doesn't pick up from the post office? How was it discovered to be able to return it?

Reactions: Simplyput
I bet the postal service said it was not picked up and so, they ruled against the OP. Isn't that what EBay rules state? If a buyer doesn't pick up from the post office? How was it discovered to be able to return it?
That implies that there's tracking showing arrival in the buyer/OP's city. OP, did tracking show that it was in your city?

No , I bought it 4/9/17, ebay decided for the seller, because she gives the tracking number. I called PP , they said , they can't do anything , because I opened a case through Ebay, which was closed against me , although the tracking showed that the package was returned

That implies that there's tracking showing arrival in the buyer/OP's city. OP, did tracking show that it was in your city?
Yes, it was at my city and went through customs. I received a notice that it's at my post office, but I had no chance to pick it up because the package was lost . I called DHL several times and I've been at the post office three times, where it should have be , but the package was not there and no one could tell where it was . This is the DHL failure.

Here's the tracking . Between 4/29 - 5/10 there's a black hole ...

Date & Time
Status of Item Location
May 11, 2017, 10:04 am Item wrongly directed - Item forwarded / redirected GERMANY
Your item could not be delivered on May 11, 2017 at 10:04 am in GERMANY due to it being wrongly directed. It is being redirected.
May 11, 2017, 8:15 am Collect for Pick Up GERMANY
May 10, 2017, 2:11 pm Arrived at Facility GERMANY
May 10, 2017, 9:58 am Attempted Delivery Abroad GERMANY
April 29, 2017, 9:18 am Addressee requested later delivery - Will attempt delivery on next working day GERMANY
April 27, 2017, 3:51 pm Collect for Pick Up GERMANY
April 27, 2017, 3:17 pm Attempted Delivery - Item being held, addressee being notified GERMANY
April 27, 2017, 10:17 am Addressee requested later delivery - Will attempt delivery on next working day GERMANY
April 27, 2017, 8:20 am Collect for Pick Up GERMANY
April 27, 2017, 1:14 am Arrived at Facility GERMANY
April 26, 2017, 5:23 pm Arrived at Facility GERMANY
April 26, 2017, 5:35 am Collect for Pick Up GERMANY
April 25, 2017, 5:12 pm Arrived at Facility GERMANY
April 18, 2017, 8:05 am Collect for Pick Up GERMANY
April 18, 2017, 6:17 am Arrived at Facility GERMANY
April 15, 2017, 2:22 pm Arrived at Facility GERMANY
April 15, 2017, 1:01 pm Processed through Facility SPEYER IFS, GERMANY
April 15, 2017, 2:59 am Held in Customs SPEYER IFS, GERMANY
April 15, 2017, 2:58 am Processed Through Facility GERMANY
April 12, 2017, 9:59 am Departed FRANKFURT, GERMANY
April 11, 2017, 2:36 pm Departed SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES
April 11, 2017, 10:42 am Arrived SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES
April 11, 2017, 9:37 am In Transit to Destination
April 11, 2017, 7:12 am Processed Through Facility ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
April 11, 2017, 7:07 am Arrived at Facility ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
April 10, 2017, 9:37 am Acceptance EMERYVILLE, CA 94608

Now I see why you lost the case. It arrived and was released by customs on April 15.

There's no "black hole" between APril 29 and May 10. It looks like it sat at your post office awaiting your pickup. When you didn't come to pick it up, they attempted delivery again on May 10.

You asked for later delivery:
April 27, 2017, 10:17 am Addressee requested later delivery - Will attempt delivery on next working day GERMANY

Apparently they tried again later in the day:
April 27, 2017, 3:17 pm Attempted Delivery - Item being held, addressee being notified GERMANY

Again, you requested a later delivery:
April 29, 2017, 9:18 am Addressee requested later delivery - Will attempt delivery on next working day GERMANY

Again they tried to deliver it to you:

I'm not sure what happened after that last attempted delivery but there's nothing showing that it was returned to the seller:
May 11, 2017, 10:04 am Item wrongly directed - Item forwarded / redirected GERMANY
Your item could not be delivered on May 11, 2017 at 10:04 am in GERMANY due to it being wrongly directed. It is being redirected.

The reason you lost the case is because you (the addressee) requested several redeliveries but you weren't available to accept it. For that reason (in a case of a dispute), ebay sees that as buyer refusal and you lose your protection.

The way they see it is that the buyer has a responsibility to make herself available for delivery of items that said buyer purchased online.

I should add that sometimes RTS (return to sender) items can take a long time to get back to the sender. If your seller hasn't yet received the return of her package (that you weren't able to accept), she's not obligated to issue your refund until she does receive it.

Now I see why you lost the case. It arrived and was released by customs on April 15.

There's no "black hole" between APril 29 and May 10. It looks like it sat at your post office awaiting your pickup. When you didn't come to pick it up, they attempted delivery again on May 10.

You asked for later delivery:

Apparently they tried again later in the day:

Again, you requested a later delivery:

Again they tried to deliver it to you:

I'm not sure what happened after that last attempted delivery but there's nothing showing that it was returned to the seller:

The reason you lost the case is because you (the addressee) requested several redeliveries but you weren't available to accept it. For that reason (in a case of a dispute), ebay sees that as buyer refusal and you lose your protection.

The way they see it is that the buyer has a responsibility to make herself available for delivery of items that said buyer purchased online.
Unfortunately they didn't several redeliveries !
There is a black hole ! As I wrote before :
Between April 29 and May 10 I've been three times at the post office to pick it up . It wasn't there and couldn't be found !! They didn't know where it was !?!
And I phoned several times with DHL in these days .
And they did not try to deliver it on May 10 , or later on April 27. No one was at my home ! No notification !
It's a mess , that DHL acted like this .
How comes that the tracking says :
Item wrongly directed - Item forwarded / redirected ???
BTW : I had to pay fees on an item that I couldn't pick up, because DHL lost it through sheer negliance

Last edited:
Looks like the title of this thread is inaccurate and should be retitled "My Mistake". You seemed to have left out some details and should retract from tarnishing a reputation.
Very funny !Thanks a lot for your help :coolio:
What I told is true and it wasn't my mistake !
Why did *kaya* not file an inquiry ? That's what DHL told me all the time !

Last edited: