Be honest: are there any LV items that you hate seeing??

Hmmmm...I can't really think of an LV that makes me cringe but I do cringe when I see people mistreat their bags- throwing them around and just not taking care of them. And going through ebay listings where people have cut their bags somehow or have had their kids ruin their bags-----that makes me cringe!!

Hmmmm...I can't really think of an LV that makes me cringe but I do cringe when I see people mistreat their bags- throwing them around and just not taking care of them. And going through ebay listings where people have cut their bags somehow or have had their kids ruin their bags-----that makes me cringe!!

Yes!!! Maybe I should Rename it to : lv situations that make you cringe/annoy you

I'm sure I'll sound snobby, but I love LV because of the history behind the brand (especially the origins of the mono pattern). I hate how now it's just become "I can afford this bag and I want to show it off" thing for some people - I can't stand it when people are like "oh you've got a LOUIS." I feel a little bit like the "red bottom" discussion in the CL forum, lol.

Obviously, anyone who can afford their bag deserves it as much as I do, no matter what their motivation, and maybe I put too much thought into why I love certain brands. I'll never buy a Chanel bag because of her relationships with the Nazi party, but people have different reasons for the things they do.

I know this reply will not be popular with many people, but I cringe when I see accessories and handbags made from exotic skins and fur. They make me sad.

My opinion is that animals should not have to die solely for the sake of fashion trends.

I know I might seem hypocritical because I carry and wear leather goods, but I can live with that. My justification is that (I assume) the cow / buffalo / lamb / deer was used for more than its skin. Perhaps the animal was used to feed people, too. I am not a vegetarian, and I realize that my justification would disgust vegetarians. Perhaps my justification is based on incorrect information, but I hope that it is not.

Ugh! Even writing about this unfortunate topic (animals dying solely for fashion trends) is unpleasant for me, but I cannot see myself going vegan. :sad:

Your new thread idea is very interesting though, OP! :biggrin:

Last edited:
For me it's when people cover the handles on their speedies... I know some have stated that it's because they live in very humid places and dislike the patina but if that's the case why not avoid that pattern all together! I don't mean to offend anyone just my personal opinion... The purses are meant to be used and enjoyed;)

Last edited:
I know this reply will not be popular with many people, but I cringe when I see accessories and handbags made from exotic skins and fur. They make me sad.

My opinion is that animals should not have to die solely for the sake of fashion trends.

I know I might seem hypocritical because I carry and wear leather goods, but I can live with that. My justification is that (I assume) the cow / buffalo / lamb / deer was used for more than its skin. Perhaps the animal was used to feed people, too. I am not a vegetarian, and I realize that my justification would disgust vegetarians. Perhaps my justification is based on incorrect information, but I hope that it is not.

Ugh! Even writing about this unfortunate topic (animals dying solely for fashion trends) is unpleasant for me, but I cannot see myself going vegan.

:sad:
Have you read the book Deluxe? It is so sad when they discuss that the reptiles are used for their skins, but after they're examined many of the skins aren't even useful because of things like scarring or other imperfections.

I also agree with you. I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but I cringe to see things like fur used solely for fashion. Sometimes it amazes me that such a cruel practice even still exists.

Have you read the book Deluxe? It is so sad when they discuss that the reptiles are used for their skins, but after they're examined many of the skins aren't even useful because of things like scarring or other imperfections.

I also agree with you. I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but I cringe to see things like fur used solely for fashion. Sometimes it amazes me that such a cruel practice even still exists.

Not yet. I just discovered the title after reading your first post about CC and briefly researching it. Thanks for the head-up on both points! :biggrin:

So it's okay for cows to be used for your vachetta leather, but not reptiles? What do you think they do with the cow "fur?"

How is it exactly you think these cows are killed? Louis Vuitton handles are made in various third world countries. It's not like they are given anesthesia. I always get a charge out of these types of posts. Your speedy is fine, but fur or reptiles are somehow more worthwhile? Give me a break. I love my Louis Vuitton bags. But I'm honest with myself that thousands of cows die for them yearly.

Your totally bag probably cost a cow his life. And it's just as worthwhile as snakeskin or fur. It's not somehow more noble that it "only" killed a cow. Sorry, don't mean to be harsh, just don't delude yourself that you're kinder than someone who has a snakeskin or fur. Your leather shoes , your food, it's all the same. Either your "pro-life" as far as animals or you're not. It's kind of hypocritical to assign values to various life forms (cows are expendable but I'd never buy a fur."). I mean really?

I love my LV bags, even the canvas ones with leather trim, but I'm honest with myself that lives end so I can have them.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly. I wouldn't use the word "hate", but if there's one LV item that does not appeal to me, it would be the 'Totally' handbag.

so it's okay for cows to be used for your vachetta leather, but not reptiles? What do you think they do with the cow "fur?"

how is it exactly you think these cows are killed? Louis vuitton handles are made in various third world countries. It's not like they are given anesthesia. I always get a charge out of these types of posts. Your speedy is fine, but fur or reptiles are somehow more worthwhile? Give me a break. I love my louis vuitton bags. But i'm honest with myself that thousands of cows die for them yearly.

Your totally bag probably cost a cow his life. And it's just as worthwhile as snakeskin or fur. It's not somehow more noble that it "only" killed a cow. Sorry, don't mean to be harsh, just don't delude yourself that you're kinder than someone who has a snakeskin or fur. Your leather shoes , your food, it's all the same. Either your "pro-life" as far as animals or you're not. It's kind of hypocritical to assign values to various life forms (cows are expendable but i'd never buy a fur."). I mean really?

I love my lv bags, even the canvas ones with leather trim, but i'm honest with myself that lives end so i can have them.
+1