BBY GOT BAGS! - HELP!!! Diverse (enough?) collection?

bbygotbag

May 14, 2022
Hi lovely members of TPF!! :heart:

I am new here, although I have stalked already for quite some time. Lately my love for handbags has gotten a lot stronger and I purchased quite a number of new bags… I would LOVE your opinion about my collection and what it’s missing/what I should sell. It’s going to be a long post, because I have given this a lottt of thought. :angel:

All my bags, left to right (1st picture):

Most back row:

Celine Ava bag in triomph canvas, Prada re-edition 2000 in wisteria (lilac) crystal, YSL WOC in black

Totes:
Goyard St. Louis PM in green, LV neverfull in DE

Back row:
LV Speedy 25 in DE, Celine micro luggage tote in souris, YSL Manhattan shoulder bag in black

Middle row:
Bvlgari serpenti medium in gold patent, Chanel 19 size small in chocolate brown, Balenciaga hourglass medium in gray, Valentino rockstud spike bag in red

Front row:
Dior saddle wallet on chain in oblique, Balenciaga mini city in blue, Chloé C bag in white croc-embossed, Gucci supermini Dionysus in silver, Gucci interlocking G bag in black, Jacquemus le Chiquito in white

Need advice from you ladies (& gents :biggrin:)
  • What do you think are the gaps in my collection? Any (major) brands/shapes/sizes/colors that are missing?
  • Which bags would you recommend me to sell?

A few things to note…
  • There may be quite some variety in my collection because; 1. I value variety. 2; I am indecisive what my style is so I need one that suits every aesthetic of clothing I wear. In general, I like to have many different brands, colours, shapes (even bag closure types).
  • I am northeast Asian with relatively light complexion and dark hair, therefore I tend to gravitate towards ‘cooler’ colours.
  • I am minimalistic when it comes to stuff to bring - in general I like smaller bags.
  • I crossed out my initials on my Goyard for privacy.. but they are in yellow.
  • In general I use quite a lot of ration to buy my bags - I consider practicality, budget etc. and watch lots of videos and read blogs to understand the pros/cons. However, I think I should focus more on buying what I really love.

What I want (2nd picture!):
  • In general; I think I need beige/light coloured bags and would love (some) pink/mauve/taupe/tan bags.
  • To add my ‘holy grail’ bags/bags for being pretty: mini Lady Dior in lotus pearl, Chanel CF in black and beige, Celine triomph shoulder bag in ivory
  • To add a few functional shapes that I don’t have yet: LV alma bb (small bag that fits a lot, with a top handle and a shoulder strap), either a YSL sunset or LV twist medium both in black with silver (Because I don’t have a bag that can do shoulder and crossbody in black) and LV Palm Springs mini (it’s so cute and functional, but I worry it becomes outdated in a few years..)
  • Other possible interesting bags: Fendi Baguette, Prada galleria tote, some Bottega Veneta bag, Givenchy Antigona, something from Loewe (I LOVE the brand).
  • Bags that don’t spark joy anymore so therefore have considered selling: the Valentino, the never full, Balenciaga hourglass (to get a smaller one) and the Chloe one.
  • A soft handbag? Most are quite ‘harsh’ city-like bags, I want some bag to wear with a pretty dress in the country side (vibes similar to a Chloe drew).

Thank you everyone soooo much for reading and for your input :heart:

xx bbygotbag :wave:

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 12.29.30 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 12.51.41 AM.jpeg

Really nice collection, I loooove the Bvlgari and the gucci super mini! For the ones on your wish list, I think the Celine is too similar to the white Chloe bag, but the rest would make nice additions :smile:

omg thank you, my first reaction!! I see you are into the metallics?:biggrin: Thank you for the feedback! I agree, they are similar is color and both with gold. Maybe I want to sell the Chloe? I am quite young and figuring out what I like, so I see many adjustments coming still :P

I love your collection. I agree with you. The only thing that I would consider adding is a "soft, lady-like" bag. The Lady-Dior or even a BV in a pastel color come to mind. Since you have such a varied and well curated collection consider being deliberate if/when you sell. You wouldn't want to regret selling an item.

Reactions: bbygotbag
I love your collection. I agree with you. The only thing that I would consider adding is a "soft, lady-like" bag. The Lady-Dior or even a BV in a pastel color come to mind. Since you have such a varied and well curated collection consider being deliberate if/when you sell. You wouldn't want to regret selling an item.
Thank you!! And your advice is much appreciated. Somehow I never even thought about that the Lady Dior filled that position of a ‘soft’ bag :P and a BV in a pastel is a brilliant suggestion! :heart:

Oh also, a few things I forgot/corrections:
- I would want the alma in epi leather, because I already have two DE and I’m too nitpicky to deal with vachetta haha
- If I’d get either the YSL sunset or LV twist bag, I’d sell the black Gucci and perhaps another, since they are similar in vibe and usage
- A ‘bad’ habit I have; I have a hard time spending over 2000USD on a bag that I really love (for example the lady Dior), but will buy multiple bags of a cheaper pricepoint without a problem. This caused me to end up with many, but not my holy grails. How do you guys overcome this problem?

Colourful update!

I got this pink Jacquemus bag and a Fendi nano baguette! Not sure if the latter counts as a bag… I got the Jacquemus to go to this Italian island with colourful houses. I actually wrote my first bag review on my instagram about this bag; @bbygotbag!

I got the Fendi at the Florence designer outlet 305€ instead of 610€, previous season stock! And I didn’t have anything Fendi yet but can’t justify a full bag rn (I want a midi baguette or a small Fendi first with Python touch). Let me know if anyone wants to ask questions or see photos of stuff from this outlet.

And now…. Buying ban until 2023…DC5C1208-A536-4251-AB6D-256FF0884F1F.jpeg

A126CC93-2236-48ED-8E37-FB903F6DEBC5.jpeg

You have a beautiful collection, my favourites are your Gucci interlocking and your YSL Manhattan.

When it comes to curating your collection perhaps consider thinking about what you love and what you use. You could group by different functions, styles, sizes, colours, etc. to identify your favourite/least favourites, overlaps, most used/least used.

You have a beautiful collection, my favourites are your Gucci interlocking and your YSL Manhattan.

When it comes to curating your collection perhaps consider thinking about what you love and what you use. You could group by different functions, styles, sizes, colours, etc. to identify your favourite/least favourites, overlaps, most used/least used.
Thank you!! I love the Manhattan and the Gucci is so practical.
That’s great advice, I am definitely guilty of holding on to bags, even if I haven’t used them for a long time

I have added more bags since posting this, so I took another group pic haha! the Jacquemus and Fendi I mentioned earlier are in here too. I also managed to cross off the Lady Dior and Celine triomphe from my wishlist!
D302C951-EAE5-4852-ACA7-3AD63E0B45DB.jpeg

The YSL sunset has fallen off my wishlist (because of the new Niki) and so has the LV palmsprings. I still want an Alma bb, but in black epi instead of DE. It’s not one I intensely want, I just think it will be a practical, well used bag.

What is your opinion on buying what you love VS buying what you need?

Lastly, I’d still love a Chanel CF, but with these price increases, I’ll never get one from the boutique…

I have added a couple bags on my wishlist, I am obsessed! But I have implemented a rule to only buy 2 bags a year, so I will be getting them very slowly haha.

I have added more bags since posting this, so I took another group pic haha! the Jacquemus and Fendi I mentioned earlier are in here too. I also managed to cross off the Lady Dior and Celine triomphe from my wishlist!
View attachment 5746756

The YSL sunset has fallen off my wishlist (because of the new Niki) and so has the LV palmsprings. I still want an Alma bb, but in black epi instead of DE. It’s not one I intensely want, I just think it will be a practical, well used bag.

What is your opinion on buying what you love VS buying what you need?

Lastly, I’d still love a Chanel CF, but with these price increases, I’ll never get one from the boutique…

I have added a couple bags on my wishlist, I am obsessed! But I have implemented a rule to only buy 2 bags a year, so I will be getting them very slowly haha.
I used to buy “replacement bags” when I can’t afford to get what I really want but I realised that I still crave for my dream bag so I still end up buying my dream bag down the road. So I say, buy only the bag that you truly love and makes your heart sing because then, you will not be constantly looking for the next best thing. Only your dream bag can really give you the satisfaction that you need. ❤️