Bazaar Lovers Club

I have a question Bazar lovers. I am travelling to Bangkok this week and was thinking of bringing my M stripped Bazar which is my default travel bag for Summer. It just occurred to me.., would it look somehow stupid, absurd or even disrespectful in Thailand given that it is inspired by the market bags there? Maybe it is a stupid question...

I have a question Bazar lovers. I am travelling to Bangkok this week and was thinking of bringing my M stripped Bazar which is my default travel bag for Summer. It just occurred to me.., would it look somehow stupid, absurd or even disrespectful in Thailand given that it is inspired by the market bags there? Maybe it is a stupid question...

Those market bags were everywhere, especially in the former USSR countries including Georgia where, after the collapse of the country, there was nothing and the small business emerged when chelnoki (literally, shuttles) with huge bags like this started bringing all cheap consumer goods (from toothpaste to clothes to home appliances) from the neighbouring countries. You would see these bags everywhere those days. I’m sure Gvasalia remembers that. Just like his grandma’s avos’ka that he also used as his inspiration
Believe me, no one will notice your bag there. And you will see lots of copies :smile:
At least, when I carried a python handbag to a python show in Thailand, the pythons were ok with this

Reactions: doni
Those market bags were everywhere, especially in the former USSR countries including Georgia where, after the collapse of the country, there was nothing and the small business emerged when chelnoki (literally, shuttles) with huge bags like this started bringing all cheap consumer goods (from toothpaste to clothes to home appliances) from the neighbouring countries. You would see these bags everywhere those days. I’m sure Gvasalia remembers that. Just like his grandma’s avos’ka that he also used as his inspiration
Believe me, no one will notice your bag there. And you will see lots of copies :smile:
At least, when I carried a python handbag to a python show in Thailand, the pythons were ok with this
:biggrin:

I thought it was the Thai ones he was referencing. Here in Europe you usually see the plaid ones that Phoebe Philo used as inspo for that collection of Celine a few years back, like these:

laundrybagceline.jpg laundrybagceline1.jpg

It is genius. Just think about this, make people pay $$$ for the items that were the symbols of low key and inexpensive - track pants, market bags and his granny’s avos’kas, torn jeans, t-shirts and DHL uniforms. Who could make those sexy?! I’m sure he is not taking it seriously.

Reactions: doni
It is genius. Just think about this, make people pay $$$ for the items that were the symbols of low key and inexpensive - track pants, market bags and his granny’s avos’kas, torn jeans, t-shirts and DHL uniforms. Who could make those sexy?! I’m sure he is not taking it seriously.

I agree, but I think, on the bag it makes sense. The design is good, simple and functional. And by virtue of leather it becomes truly luxurious (in a way that I think the DHL tee never will). Plus it falls squarely into bag design tradition. All the bags that we wear today are re-interpretation of functional non-luxury items that were made for utilitarian purposes to serve the popular classes. A cabas is literally a market basket. A satchel was the humblest of bags. All the lugagge-derived bags... Until very recently, rich people did not carry bags (other than decorative ornated little pouches) because luxury was to have others carry the stuff for them.

Reactions: Sheikha Latifa