Bayswater Piping Wearing Away!

daisyw

Apr 16, 2013
Hi everyone. I bought a lovely black soft grain Bayswater at the beginning of December 2013. Yesterday, I noticed that the leather on and around the piping on one corner is wearing off! There is a grey colour starting to show through, the black is sort of "peeling" :nogood:
I am so so careful with this bag, I only started using it this month, I use it maybe 4 times per week. It never even sits on the floor.
Is this just normal wear and tear? Will mulberry be able to fix it?
It's only a small area and not very noticeable unless you look closely, but it looks like it will keep getting worse. :sad:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. I don't think this is normal wear and tear. I'd contact customer services who will probably ask you to send the bag to mulberry. You're within the warranty period and this shouldn't happen after only using the bag a few times. I'd expect them to either send you a replacement bag or possibly to repair it.

Sorry to hear this. I don't think this is normal wear and tear. I'd contact customer services who will probably ask you to send the bag to mulberry. You're within the warranty period and this shouldn't happen after only using the bag a few times. I'd expect them to either send you a replacement bag or possibly to repair it.

Thanks for your reply.. I agree, I don't think it is normal, or if it is, it shouldn't be. I can honestly say I baby this bag. I think I will send customer service an email and see what they say.

The preloved bag I purchased last year needs the piping repaired on 3 corners. I sent photos to customer services and they said it would be £85 plus VAT. This was last November and the bag was out of warranty. I brought some leather glue and have done a temporary repair to the piping but eventually it will be going to be repaired.

They do an excellent job but it can take ages ad frankly given the poor second hand value of bags now i wonder if it is worth paying over £100 some bags can be purchased on eBay for very little these days fab if you are a buyer