Bays help! (To keep or not to keep)

allurella

elise
Jul 23, 2010
:help:

Sooo I bought my first Mulberry today! The Bayswater in the color Chocolate. I really love it, but I have until tomorrow to give it back to the store for a full refund. It's kind of an impulse buy, I've been wanting a Mulberry for years, but never thought I'd actually buy one. Now that I'm looking for a back-to-school bag for uni, I thought that it'd be perfect. It fits my laptop (not sure if i'll bring it all the time), buuut it won't fit the books from (only) one of my classes.

I have to decide by tomorrow!! So hard. It's a lot of money to spend on a bag, but... it's pretty and will last a lifetime!

Please help with ANYTHING. If you use it for school/work - how you like it etc :smile:

Thank you!

2chniu9.jpg
349fcch.jpg

I have a printed bays which I have used for work for three years and it is still in very good condition. I find that it is the perfect size to fit all my bits and pieces and lunch in along with files etc for work.

I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to fit your books in it, for the sake of your shoulder/back you will probably want to split them and carry them in a separate bag. When I was at University I took a separate book bag along with my handbag.

Your bays looks lovely and like you said it should last a lifetime too.

Good luck making your decision!

The bag is so beautiful but i'm not sure if it is the right bag for uni.
If i were you i would held it but not for uni.For uni you can buy a cheaper bag.
That's my opinion.

My first Mulberry was an oak Bays and I used her all through uni. Fit my laptop, several books, and A4 files. Didn't baby her at all... put her on the floor in lectures, libraries, etc. A little heavy to carry around full of books, but otherwise perfect.

thanks everyone !:smile:

My first Mulberry was an oak Bays and I used her all through uni. Fit my laptop, several books, and A4 files. Didn't baby her at all... put her on the floor in lectures, libraries, etc. A little heavy to carry around full of books, but otherwise perfect.

thanks mary! sounds like a good uni bag then ;) i think i'll keep it :yahoo:

Welcome to Mulberry, Allurella! And congratulations on a beautiful, classic first Mulberry!

Sounds like you needed others to convince you to keep her :biggrin: You definitely asked the right people! I agree about using a separate book bag, as bays can get quite heavy anyway. You will get so many years of use out of her and once you start using her, you will love her more and more! And after uni, she's a perfect work bag too :biggrin:

Would love to see some modelling shots please?

Welcome to Mulberry, Allurella! And congratulations on a beautiful, classic first Mulberry!

Sounds like you needed others to convince you to keep her :biggrin: You definitely asked the right people! I agree about using a separate book bag, as bays can get quite heavy anyway. You will get so many years of use out of her and once you start using her, you will love her more and more! And after uni, she's a perfect work bag too :biggrin:

Would love to see some modelling shots please?

Thank you!

I've only got one class a day and only one of my class has heavy books (business law), so I think it'll be okay with only my Bays :yahoo:

Here's some modeling shots! :smile:

33eoj28.jpg

2cxuhzk.jpg

I love Bayswaters! If you check my signature link you will see. I think it is the perfect work bag. You can always get a long handled large longchamp for heavy books.
Also if you are returning books you can fold your longchamp up easily and put in the Bays.
Perfect bag methinks!

I don't think you can go wrong with a choc Bays tbh - though I wouldn't want to carry too much weight in it, as you wouldn't want to stretch the handles etc. Think it's a good idea to keep it, but then buy a cheaper bag for books - what about a Mulberry cloth bag, such as this one? Would the books fit in there??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mulberry-...01?pt=UK_Women_s_Handbags&hash=item3cc98329d5

Thanks for the tip! I don't think it'll be a problem though, since my textbooks are for the most part very light weight except for two (& i'll use my longchamp on the day i have that class :biggrin:)