Batignolles Horizontal - true opinion

I have the BH and I love it. I think its a great casual bag but can be dressed up. I think it has an understated elegance about it. I am not a fan of the totally at all. The straps on my BH have started to patina a really great color and they are so soft and comfy. I am not a fan of any of the bags that have the gold plate so if you want something understated this is a great bag! Please don't get offended I tried to be honest.

I do like the BH, but if I were to choose between the BH and Artsy, I'd definitely choose Artsy. Even though the Artsy handle is pretty hard at first, but it'd be more comfortable after you use it for a while.

ITA:biggrin: It was my first purse and I used it as my workhorse. It stores a lot and the only downside is the no zipper. Other than that, you have to be careful with the piping coz mine became thinner and worn off (is that the word) after 2 years plus of use.

If you asked me now, for that amount of money, I would definitely choose another purse.

That's good to know. Now I don't feel as though I'm missing out. I can't believe the piping wore off after only two years.

I love the BH! I had bought it, then sold it, and then bought it again! lol IMO, the BH is a work horse bag. If you're looking for a "show piece", this isn't it. But if you're looking for a bag that is casual, but yet stylish enough to go with everything AND is able to do everything (BH is a great travel bag, carry-on bag, baby bag, work bag, etc.) then this is it!

Ironically the features that drew me to the BH in the first place were also the ones that are making me question my purchase now. I love the buckles, the vachetta trim and the piping. I use my bh as a workhorse tote, btw.

Here are my cons about it after using it for almost 2 years (with rotation):
1. Buckles catch my sweaters and pull the yarn. I don't like the look when the buckles are not strapped when I need to expand the tote.
2. Trim on openning gets colour transfer/dirty really quickly.
3. Piping do get worn down quickly especially the corners.

I think that I can live with these IF the cost to replacing the trim and piping were a bit more reasonable. I was quoted $300-400.

I bought my BH preloved at a steal and with really knowing how it feels when carried, I LOVE THE BAG.

Pro:
1. holds documents perfectly and not have to worry about wrinkles
2. looks great full or empty
3. doesn't tip over when set on surfaces
4. cell phone pocket and zipped pocket
5. super comfe straps
6. slime fit under the arm

Con
1. one of the strap always falling off the shoulder
2. pipping on the corner get worn easily but not as easy as some of the newer models like Palermo PM.

I understand what you are facing because I only every sell couple of bags to fund my Mahina. I regert one of the bag I sold, yellow epi soufflot. So I no longer sell to fund the bag. I have the money, save or don't buy. I only sell bags, if I really don't like them or don't use them at all.

May if you repurchase, it can be a prelove one. Definately not a NEW one... it is too much for such older model.

I bought my BH pre-loved two years ago and got so many compliments! I only stopped using it because of the open top and there are a ton of bugs at the school where I work. But I started carrying her again since I made space in a file cabinet to store her. I think it's pretty pricey to buy brand new---maybe you can find a nice used one. The bag is very simple yet classic --I usually add a bag charm or tie a bandeau on it to dress it up.

I bought my BH pre-loved two years ago and got so many compliments! I only stopped using it because of the open top and there are a ton of bugs at the school where I work. But I started carrying her again since I made space in a file cabinet to store her. I think it's pretty pricey to buy brand new---maybe you can find a nice used one. The bag is very simple yet classic --I usually add a bag charm or tie a bandeau on it to dress it up.
I think I will have to find a nice pre-loved one. A new BH is just hurting the bank too much. I just wish I didn't regret selling my first BH. sigh...:shucks: