Base shaper or keep the sag?

I didn't like the flat board base shaper in my Speedy 30. It was too stiff. I do like to use my extra sturdy Chameleon insert in my Speedy 30. In my Galliera PM, I like the Purse To Go insert.

Camommyof3: I noticed you have a chameleon insert. I was considering the chameleon vs. purseIn vs. PTG and picked the PurseIn because I thought the lightness of the pursein would allow the galliera to slouch. I haven't got the pursein yet so I am dying to know if I will like it or not. Just wondering why you didn't choose the chameleon for your galliera... do you not like it? I noticed you got the extra sturdy, are there removeable plates in the xtra sturdy?

I love the sag on my 35speedy however I currently use 110# heavyweight paper in white so I can find the contents more easily with the white reflecting.

If I'm going to carry heavy items like books, I might want to use a baseshaper as counterbalance to keep stitches or canvas/handles from warping

I originally despised the sag it looked like a saggy diaper to me now I have doen a complete reversal and removed all of the bases out of my speedys and they sag baby-the only thing that sags more is my upper body!!!:rolleyes:

Base shaper for sure...an extreme slouch just doesn't appeal to me. i use one in my speedy 30 and in my trevi pm...love them!

HI THERE!!! I just purchased a Trevi PM over the wkend and I absolutely luv it!! I want to get a base shaper for it though...can you please recommend a place where I can purchase it? I'm in Ontario Canada...so preferrably an internet source would be easiest for me! Thanks!! :biggrin:

I actually prefer to carry my speedys both with or without the base shaper, it just depends on what outfit I'm rockin. And as for the Tivoli GM, I use a base shaper, because it tends to look flat at times.