Bare minerals liquid foundation

Carson123

Nov 21, 2013
Anyone tried this yet? All the reviews I read either raved or hated it. I just bought it and am excited to try. The serum plus foundation sounds like a great skin benefit.

I've been trying this all week and I like it alot. The shade I got Bare(Shell) is an exact match to my skin and it justs looks really natural. I have normal to combo skin and prefer bb and cc creams to fuller coverage foundations. I set it with a little Hourglass ambient lighting powder and find that it lasts 8-10 hours looking pretty fresh and natural. If you do choose to get it, shake very well and you only need 2-4 drops for your entire face.

I was torn between bare beige and bare nude. Ended up ordering nude and hope it's a good match. Thanks for your input. Looking forward to trying it out as I feel like I want a lighter foundation for summer (as I've been using smashbox cc cream and feel it can be heavy at times, though I love the SPF 30).

Anyone tried this yet? All the reviews I read either raved or hated it. I just bought it and am excited to try. The serum plus foundation sounds like a great skin benefit.

I was just wondering about this today, and kind of felt like I should give this a pass since the reviews I've seen are so wildly divergent. Was on the Sephora site reading reviews and there was a lot of hate and a lot of love as you said. So thanks for asking others their opinions here.

Hate hate hate hate. I got shade 2 and it matched great but turned orange quickly. It was streaky and didn't "sit" right on my face either. I tried with porefessional, smashbox primer, and without primer. Returned it after a few tries.

Oh, and I didn't buy the brush. It struck me as goofy/gimmicky and the ulta sa said it wasn't very good. I used fingers, mac 187, and the urban decay good karma optical blurring brush. I still hated it.

Ok, I've been using it for about 3 weeks and feel it's been long enough to have an opinion. I'm actually one of the ones who love it. I think it's an awesome, light foundation - especially for summer. I will say there was some trial and error when first applying. Less is most definitely more when it comes to this foundation. I started with 2 drops per side, which turned out to be WAY TOO MUCH. I now make sure I shake the foundation really well, and use one drop per side. If I want a little more coverage, I'll add an additional drop to the entire face (so 3 drops total for light - medium coverage).

I agree with others that this foundation does stick to dry areas. I didn't even know I had dry patches on my face until I started using this. :smile: But now I'm reminded to make sure to exfoliate 3ish times per week, and it's all good. It's probably not going to be great for those with oily skin, but works well with my combo/oily skin.

Great coverage, natural finish. Also love the way it works when I put Warmth over it as a blush/bronzer. BM products def feel as if they work best when used together.

Love it! And I think it's a steal for $29.

I have been very curious about this foundation. Does it work with oily skin? How is the staying power? Medium to full coverage? The mixed reviews on Sephora have been scaring me off, either people love it or really hate it.

I just hit 'checkout' with this on Sephora! A lot of people have been saying this doesn't work for oily skin, yet it emphasizes dry patches. I currently have dry skin, so I guess I'll have to see. It really does look like this thing is hit or miss.. No one seems to really be 'okay' with it.