Banana Republic Fillmore Deep Satchel

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
I know there have been several "negative" threads about Banana Republic in general, but I wanted to post a positive one for a change.

I just purchased the Fillmore deep satchel in patent leather PLUM color - it's a new color, not on the site yet. Here's an eBay link to it for reference (until I get my own pictures up): http://cgi.ebay.com/Banana-Republic-PLUM-Fillmore-Deep-Satchel-bag-purse_W0QQitemZ220161535725QQihZ012QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

a293_1.JPG
a340_1.JPG

(Pictures culled from that auction)

I have to say, it's been years since I've purchased such an inexpensive bag (I'm sorry if this comes off the wrong way). This bag retailed for $198, BUT apparently, there was a promotion this past weekend where if you use your BR card, you get 40% off of all handbags! I was prepared to purchase it at regular price, so imagine how pleasantly surprised I was to have it for 40% off!

Anyway, I need to gush about the quality of this bag. The patent leather is very lush and thick - not at all hard or stiff. The quality reminds me of the YSL trubite tote in Plum that I purchased this past summer (but returned because I couldn't justify keeping a $900 bag in a color that I was unsure of). The BR bag has the same patent leather feel as the YSL. Overall, the bag feels very substantial and well-made. The chain with the bag is also detachable and has a nice weight to it. Inside the bag, there are nice compartments and a key fob. It also comes with its own dustbag!

So, I just want to let everyone know to not hesistate buying a BR bag. They really are very well-made. And, if you are lucky, there are deals waiting to be had on them.

Thanks for reading! :flowers:

This thread just goes to show: if you have taste and style -- you can find it anywhere and carry it off with smashing success. Congrats to having the confidence to choose what you like, instead of the "it" bags. You've made a great find!

Purple patent leather, I'm in heaven!! :girlsigh:Well done SuLi, it's gorgeous. I spend so much $ at BR (for work clothes, etc) how did I miss this sale?!?! Kicking myself now, after seeing this one. Enjoy!

Here are my pictures...

I'm sorry about the spotted mirror and the casual gym clothes (I stayed home today because I got a bit sick from a flu shot).

Attachments

• Picture 398.jpg
    Picture 398.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 487
  • Picture 399.jpg
    Picture 399.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 452
  • Picture 400.jpg
    Picture 400.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 473
  • Picture 401.jpg
    Picture 401.jpg