Balmain Double breasted blazer help

Hi ladies, i was wondering if anyone could help me with some sizing queries on the Balmain blazer? I'm looking to buy my first blazer in black wool but don't know whether to order a 34 or 36. I actually tried one on in store about a year ago and was happy with the fit but it was so long ago i can't remember which size i tried now which is stupid of me. I have a feeling i thought I would be a 36 so tried this on but the sales associate advised i needed a smaller size so gave me a 34 to try. I couldn't button the smaller size up which makes me think it was the 34, but the sales associate said the blazers are not meant to be buttoned and that the fit was much better than the 36, which i agreed with.

I then ordered a white size 36 a couple of months later as i saw one for half price and thought the size would be ok and at least i could button it up. When it arrived it was much too big and looked silly on me, mainly on the shoulders, so i returned. When i ordered the white it said it was wool but when it arrived it was a different material so i don't know whether this is what made it more boxy? I didn't like the material at all compared to the wool. It wasn't a material i was familiar with so think it may have been a seasonal style.

Anyway i've seen a good deal on a black blazer so should i order 34 or 36? Is the 34 really really small? I have an added complication that i'm currently 5 months pregnant so wouldn't be able to tell either way if i could button up or not! I've got quite a small frame and i think it's the shoulders that i would struggle with on the 36, but if i get 34 is it ok if i can't button up? I know i would be wise to wait until i've had the baby to buy but i don't see good deals on the classic black styles very often and don't want to miss out. Thanks for reading if you got this far!

Hi ladies, i was wondering if anyone could help me with some sizing queries on the Balmain blazer? I'm looking to buy my first blazer in black wool but don't know whether to order a 34 or 36. I actually tried one on in store about a year ago and was happy with the fit but it was so long ago i can't remember which size i tried now which is stupid of me. I have a feeling i thought I would be a 36 so tried this on but the sales associate advised i needed a smaller size so gave me a 34 to try. I couldn't button the smaller size up which makes me think it was the 34, but the sales associate said the blazers are not meant to be buttoned and that the fit was much better than the 36, which i agreed with.

I then ordered a white size 36 a couple of months later as i saw one for half price and thought the size would be ok and at least i could button it up. When it arrived it was much too big and looked silly on me, mainly on the shoulders, so i returned. When i ordered the white it said it was wool but when it arrived it was a different material so i don't know whether this is what made it more boxy? I didn't like the material at all compared to the wool. It wasn't a material i was familiar with so think it may have been a seasonal style.

Anyway i've seen a good deal on a black blazer so should i order 34 or 36? Is the 34 really really small? I have an added complication that i'm currently 5 months pregnant so wouldn't be able to tell either way if i could button up or not! I've got quite a small frame and i think it's the shoulders that i would struggle with on the 36, but if i get 34 is it ok if i can't button up? I know i would be wise to wait until i've had the baby to buy but i don't see good deals on the classic black styles very often and don't want to miss out. Thanks for reading if you got this far!

Get the 34 since you have such a small frame, and it's totally fine to keep it unbuttoned. I have cotton, wool and tweed all in same size, but newer seasons may have been tweaked.

Get the 34 since you have such a small frame, and it's totally fine to keep it unbuttoned. I have cotton, wool and tweed all in same size, but newer seasons may have been tweaked.

Thanks for your reply! I actually ordered the 34 but then received an email saying it was out of stock so maybe it wasn't meant to be :sad:

Hi,
I am ready to get my first Balmain blazer.
I found there are 2 100% wool black blazer with different price, one is $2250, the other is only $1530.

What is the different between these 2, except the buttons?
If they are almost the same, I definitely will get the cheaper one.

Thank you very much.

Hi,
I am ready to get my first Balmain blazer.
I found there are 2 100% wool black blazer with different price, one is $2250, the other is only $1530.

What is the different between these 2, except the buttons?
If they are almost the same, I definitely will get the cheaper one.

Thank you very much.
I believe these two are the same I have noticed Saksfifth prices are usually much higher than other online retailers but their sales are usually pretty good.

I've been eyeing a balmain blazer on Vestiaire, which looks amazing, but the front buttons look a tad small. The seller said the circumference is 2.5cm, but the blazer I currently own has 3cm front buttons...does anybody know if there are any variations in the front button sizes?

My new Balmain blazer has arrived! Fit is perfect except the arms are a tad long (they come down similar to the length on the model). Does anyone have experience with shortening the arms? Thank you!

BAM41159_1_enlarged.jpg

My new Balmain blazer has arrived! Fit is perfect except the arms are a tad long (they come down similar to the length on the model). Does anyone have experience with shortening the arms? Thank you!

View attachment 4857471

Since it's tweed, I'd be less worried about shortening the sleeve since the texture is more forgiving than wool. Check with your trusted tailor.

Also, how do you like the tweed style? I dont own any yet, but have tried a dress in tweed. I feel like it's got more stretch than the classic wool blazer.