Balmain Double breasted blazer help

I think sizing down would be too tight. That looks like a good fit for you. I think the problem is the one button closure. It would be more flattering (and less gap) if it were two.

I think it looks great on you open.

Reactions: papertiger
Hey guys. I'm curious to get your opinions about the sizing of this blazer. I bought it second-hand from Vestiaire Collective after trying it on for size in store. I was encouraged to size up, as I have quite broad shoulders and they are supposed to be slim fitting. However, after trying mine on I am wondering whether it might be too big (maybe the fit has given a bit since it is pre-loved). It's mostly the gaping when i'm wondering about and I like it to be a bit more cinched at the waist - but what do you guys think, would sizing down make a difference, or is this just the fit of the blazer?View attachment 5276177View attachment 5276178
I'm assuming the gaping is from the buttoned up pic? if so, it looks fine. there is going to be a bit of gaping as the material is quite substantial and structured. it's important the shoulder fits perfectly. Since you said you tried on the other sizes, you should know if the next size down is too tight in the shoulder or not. If the size you have fits your shoulder, then that's the size to get. if you want more cinching at waist, it could be that your waist is small enough that alterations may be required. however, you'd have to consider the pros and cons.

Most people don't wear the blazer buttoned up. So if you decide not to alter, it'll still look good on.

Reactions: Heidi_x
It looks pretty tailored at the waist to me. The photo from behind shows that it nicely comes in at your waist. Maybe this style isn’t for you if you aren’t comfortable with the fit? It does tend to be a bit boxier.

I've been thinking about my first Balmain blazer and I found that Matches Fashion lists the measurements.
Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 11.39.39 PM.jpg

But...can this be right???? How could the sleeves on the larger sizes be sooooo long? They would be 7.5 inches too long for me. I'm worried that having them shortened that much, they will end up looking wonky.

Has anyone had the sleeves shortened? Did you get it done at Balmain or elsewhere? How did it come out? Were you able to keep your plackets? When I've had blazers tailored in the past, they just hemmed the sleeve and sewed the buttons on -- no placket/buttonholes. Hated that.

Why the heck would the larger sizes even have longer sleeves? Gaining weight does not make your arms grow longer.

Reactions: Kpmb68
I've been thinking about my first Balmain blazer and I found that Matches Fashion lists the measurements.
View attachment 5314828

But...can this be right???? How could the sleeves on the larger sizes be sooooo long? They would be 7.5 inches too long for me. I'm worried that having them shortened that much, they will end up looking wonky.

Has anyone had the sleeves shortened? Did you get it done at Balmain or elsewhere? How did it come out? Were you able to keep your plackets? When I've had blazers tailored in the past, they just hemmed the sleeve and sewed the buttons on -- no placket/buttonholes. Hated that.

Why the heck would the larger sizes even have longer sleeves? Gaining weight does not make your arms grow longer.
Might you post the link, please? So wen can look at the cm.
Perhaps they messed up the conversion.

Hello! Newbie to TPF here! I have been scouring the internet for the last month trying to find this specific pale pink Balmain blazer [pictured] with silver buttons (98% Viscose/2% polymide). Can’t find any new ones, only find them on pre-owned sites, so I really want to get sizing right. For reference, I’m 5’7” 130 lbs, 29” waist and have a navy Balmain blazer in 100% wool size 38, that fits very well. Does anyone know if the Viscose version runs smaller or larger than the wool? Thanks!!

3ACF813B-5A8D-4B20-A27D-F2D12D8E5513.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: am2022
Hi! Glad that I found this Balmaim thread. I appreciate if someone can help me which blazer I should go for. I am thinking to get the iconic black blazer, the shirt one with 6 gold buttons.

There are two versions available on Balmaim website. One is with 100% wool and the other one is 100% virgin wool. What are the differences between those two different materials? And what about fitting and cutting, eg are they exactly the same for the same size?
Which one do you have?

https://www.balmain.com/dk/ready-to...asted-fastening_cod12469072uf.html?dept=jckts

https://www.balmain.com/dk/ready-to...ted-wool-blazer_cod12275425pn.html?dept=jckts

I am just not sure which one to order

Anyone please help. Thanks

Hi! Glad that I found this Balmaim thread. I appreciate if someone can help me which blazer I should go for. I am thinking to get the iconic black blazer, the shirt one with 6 gold buttons.

There are two versions available on Balmaim website. One is with 100% wool and the other one is 100% virgin wool. What are the differences between those two different materials? And what about fitting and cutting, eg are they exactly the same for the same size?
Which one do you have?

https://www.balmain.com/dk/ready-to...asted-fastening_cod12469072uf.html?dept=jckts

https://www.balmain.com/dk/ready-to...ted-wool-blazer_cod12275425pn.html?dept=jckts

I am just not sure which one to order

Anyone please help. Thanks
No, they are not the same. I tried both in my NM and the same size fits different. I never memorize or bother to learn the names of the particular … whatever so I can’t be of more help. I’m sure that someone more knowledgeable will explain more

@rebpin
I think they're the same classic blazer, tbh. One may be just an older model description. Looks like they haven't adjusted for the price increase either so good time to buy. Only thing I can tell is that the buttons are more gold in one of the versions, and the other being more light gold. You might want to contact them to ask your question if it's not easy to return...

I have been following this thread for a while... and You Tube videos, all the time searching sites for the best deal on a Black and gold button double breasted blazer!!! I went into Nordstroms and tried on 3 sizes and along with the SA decided I was a size Fr 40.
Meanwhile I have bought a few "wannabee" blazers, that looked "OK" (Lioness, Express and Sarah Ashley) but they never quenched the Balmain thirst...I did buy A Veronica Beard Miller blazer in black (The one that allows you to attach and detach with inside zippers the dickeys) which I will still keep and wear.
Finally getting your dream Balmain blazer in the middle of summer is bitter sweet .. you have it.. but can't wear it out as it's to hot!! So like a few ladies on here..I dressed up in the AC yesterday and did some blazer try on's...
I was amazed with the quality and the construction and the weight of the blazer, its a size 40, and it has gold buttons with Balmain written on them..And it is 100% LOVE.