Balenciaga vs Gucci Clutch/Pouch

Which would you prefer?

• BALENCIAGA Ville printed textured-leather pouch

• GUCCI Leather Printed Pouch

Results are only viewable after voting.

S_STAR

Dec 2, 2017
Hi All,

Thought I'd ask my fellow Gucci people for their advice on this.

I've purchased both these clutches but only really need one. I have one other clutch in my collection which is the LV monogram daily pouch but thought I'd add a black trendy piece.
I like both but only need one in this style.

I've got a few looks in mind for how to wear these trendy pieces.
Causally with sneakers and leggings or jeans with a tee/shirt with oversized faux fur or teddy coat.
Or dressed up with heels, Blazer suit or heels, leather jeans and a balmain blazer for an edgy style.

Although I know they are both trendy logomania pieces I would rather keep the one which has more longevity in terms of style and can be worn anytime and season. So any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

I haven't found many photos of these styled on social media but see photos below.

Which would you pick and why?

Balenciaga Clutch 03.jpg Gucci Clutch 03.jpg Balenciaga .jpg Gucci Clutch 02.jpg

Hi All,

Thought I'd ask my fellow Gucci people for their advice on this.

I've purchased both these clutches but only really need one. I have one other clutch in my collection which is the LV monogram daily pouch but thought I'd add a black trendy piece.
I like both but only need one in this style.

I've got a few looks in mind for how to wear these trendy pieces.
Causally with sneakers and leggings or jeans with a tee/shirt with oversized faux fur or teddy coat.
Or dressed up with heels, Blazer suit or heels, leather jeans and a balmain blazer for an edgy style.

Although I know they are both trendy logomania pieces I would rather keep the one which has more longevity in terms of style and can be worn anytime and season. So any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

I haven't found many photos of these styled on social media but see photos below.

Which would you pick and why?

View attachment 4291796 View attachment 4291799 View attachment 4291797 View attachment 4291798
I really like the Balenciaga one, it looks like Police crime scene tape, very cool. The Gucci one is more iconic though with the Gucci name, interlocking logo and colours. It will have better resale value and is very unisex.

Reactions: S_STAR
I strongly dislike the Balenciaga. I’m not thrilled with having big Gucci letters like that across a clutch but I like it better than Balenciaga.

I used to say the exact same thing as you about the logomania trend but I've developed a liking for certain pieces and it's a fun way to add a little edge to an outfit.
A favourite look I like is below with a similar Gucci clutch/pouch.
I think how you dress a logomania clutch/pouch like those above is a big factor as to how you can still remain stylish with overt branding.

gucci clutch look.jpeg

Reactions: Everlv and snibor
I used to say the exact same thing as you about the logomania trend but I've developed a liking for certain pieces and it's a fun way to add a little edge to an outfit.
A favourite look I like is below with a similar Gucci clutch/pouch.
I think how you dress a logomania clutch/pouch like those above is a big factor as to how you can still remain stylish with overt branding.

View attachment 4292383

Yes that looks nice.

I know on the Balenciaga forum, they are predominantly voting for the Balenciaga, but I find the design of it to be a little boring, like they didn't know how to make a logo print (no offense). I don't like repeating full logos all over a bag. Even when Gucci did their "Gucci Fall-Winter 2018" print all over their accessories, I didn't like it.

I do, however, like the big Gucci logo. I think it takes something vintage and makes it modern by making it so large on the accessories. Thankfully this logo isn't repeated all over the bag, unlike the Balenciaga.

My vote goes to Bal.
I don’t know why anyone would want to walk around town carrying a pouch with a Gucci logo one can read from a helicopter. :no: It’s not elegant. It doesn’t elevate your style. It just looks like you’re trying to show off.

Not that I adore the Bal pouch, but at least it’s more discreet and has a cool geometric pattern to it. It’s also a lot less “main stream” than Gucci, which you see literally everywhere these days (real and fake).

In the end, buy what you want of course! You’re the one spending the money and carrying this piece. Whatever you select, I hope it brings you joy. :drinks:

I’ll add that I long ago stopped buying luxury items worrying about resell prices. It always leads to buying the loudest pieces, and those pieces don’t equal luxury to me.

Reactions: S_STAR