Balenciaga leather quality?

kfotley

Apr 13, 2018
Hi! I'm really interested in buying the Balenciaga bazar card wallet in pink red and black stripes. However, I discovered that it is composed of lambskin, and while reading some online posts about thee fabric it seems extremely delicate and may not hold up for very long. I'm someone who likes to chuck their wallet in their bag and on my bed or desk etc. So I was wondering if this would be the right wallet for me. Is it durable? What are your experiences with the lambskin leather?
I really love the style and balenciaga and I feel like it would fit a lot despite its size. Any input would be great thank you!

Well, balanciaga lambskin is treated differently from, say, Chanel lambskin. It’s got a more durable coating so it doesn’t mark as easily. If you go to the stores of each brand to look, you’ll find Bal lambskin more shiny and more coated. I have a Balenciaga wallet and multiple Balenciaga bags and they really aren’t very delicate at all. In fact, Bal leather look better broken in as well. If you are truly worried, I would recommend investing in a little bottle Zelikovitz satin top coat (it’s a sealing top coat for leather that matches the shine of Balenciaga well), and if it does ever scuff a little, you can touch it up with the clear coating again.

Well, balanciaga lambskin is treated differently from, say, Chanel lambskin. It’s got a more durable coating so it doesn’t mark as easily. If you go to the stores of each brand to look, you’ll find Bal lambskin more shiny and more coated. I have a Balenciaga wallet and multiple Balenciaga bags and they really aren’t very delicate at all. In fact, Bal leather look better broken in as well. If you are truly worried, I would recommend investing in a little bottle Zelikovitz satin top coat (it’s a sealing top coat for leather that matches the shine of Balenciaga well), and if it does ever scuff a little, you can touch it up with the clear coating again.
I actually kind of like that worn in look. But hearing that the leather is different really puts my mind at ease, and the recommendation of the top coat helps. Thank you so much for the response! I think i'm gonna go ahead with the purchase :biggrin:

Reactions: aksaiyo
The Bazar lamb leather is like that of the Moto bags. It is definitely more protected than Chanel because it is textured, ages well and softens with time. That said, I have 4 Bazar items and 3 are doing great, including my M size shopper which I bang around, fill with groceries and so on. But just one of my bags showed very soon wear in the corners. I think it was that particular color, gray, and maybe the plain color bags have a different treatment. All my other bags are stripped and looking great.

The durability of the leather is reassuring to hear. I'm considering the Bazar Shopper for my next purchase and I specifically want something I don't have to baby. I'm generally not too hard on bags but I intend to use this for travel.

The Bazar lamb leather is like that of the Moto bags. It is definitely more protected than Chanel because it is textured, ages well and softens with time. That said, I have 4 Bazar items and 3 are doing great, including my M size shopper which I bang around, fill with groceries and so on. But just one of my bags showed very soon wear in the corners. I think it was that particular color, gray, and maybe the plain color bags have a different treatment. All my other bags are stripped and looking great.

Hi! I know it’s been a while, but how are your Bazars holding up? Did you treat them with any products so far? I just ordered an XS Bazar and am wondering if I should treat her! Thanks

Reactions: doni
Hi! I know it’s been a while, but how are your Bazars holding up? Did you treat them with any products so far? I just ordered an XS Bazar and am wondering if I should treat her! Thanks
I have three but haven't used them much as yet. One thing I might suggest is some Zelikovitz satin finish edge coat on the corners, or something similar. I'm pretty sure that that's where I'm going to see wear the most.

Hi. I have used my Bazar bags a lot and they are holding up very well and better than I expected. I have not used any products on them. The top corners are very sharp, but they don’t wear much, and the bottoms are rounded, so not so problematic, so that is a very good design feature in terms of wear. The only problem was my gray bag. I am rehomimg it. I advise to go for black edges.