Balenciaga in Boston?

pasdedeux

Jan 10, 2009
Is Barneys at the Prudential/Copley the only place to get BBags in Boston?

I am on the hunt for a Canard first, but I want to make sure I check everywhere that's available close to me before I head for aloharag or similar.

How is the selection at Barneys in Boston?

Barneys at Copley Place and at the Chestnut Hill Mall both carry Balenciaga. Their selection is okay but not extensive. The only other place in Massachusetts is Gretta Luxe in Wellesley. Their selection is a bit more limited than Barneys but often they have different styles than what Barneys might carry. I would call around and see if any of the three have what you are looking for.

We are going to be in the city proper without a car so the Chestnut Hill Mall and Wellesley are both not really accessible. I suppose we could make it work but I'd be surprised if we found our way out there.

I'll call barneys downtown first.

I don't think Gretta Luxe has the first in canard.

I called both Boston and CH Barneys yesterday and they have not yet received canard.

If you are unable to drive, I think either of the stores outside boston would ship to you.

I don't think Gretta Luxe has the first in canard.

I called both Boston and CH Barneys yesterday and they have not yet received canard.

If you are unable to drive, I think either of the stores outside boston would ship to you.
Actually, Gretta Luxe did have the Canard First ... I saw it (but it had already been reserved, the person was coming in to pick it up).

Unfortunately, the Boston area stores are rather "conservative" in their selections (meaning - lots of Black, Grey & Brown). Your best bet would be to call the Barneys/Copley store and talk to either Paula or George (they are the most knowledgeable) to see what they have. If you decide to make the trip out to the Barneys/Chestnut Hill store, talk to either Jen or Peter.

Alas, most of the stores have pared down the amount of Balenciaga merchandise simply due to the economy ... it's grim.