Balenciaga City as a school bag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Can the Balenciaga City be used as a school bag? I'm currently thinking of putting in my 13" Macbook Air and a couple of notebooks. Will the City lose its shape if I put in my laptop? I don't think I'll be putting any heavy textbooks inside my bag, though.

Also, is there a longer strap for the City? I know that you can use it as a shoulder bag but is the strap long enough for me to use the City as a crossbody bag?

Thank you in advance! :biggrin:

2. IMHO wrong bag for that use...maybe a Velo? Anyone else want to comment? Velo is deeper and cross body, the City is just too small and shallow for a school bag, it's a true satchel.

3. Thanks for the quick response! I'll take a look into Velo. I'm currently open to options :biggrin: I still can't decide whether I should go for Balenciaga, Proenza Schouler, or Givenchy :hrmm:.

4. All great choices but I'm a Bal fan all the way. Hopefully someone else will post as well, I'm waaay past carrying school stuff but there are Bal options that may work for you. Take a look in the reference library under some of the styles, it may help.

5. I only used my bal city for school when I had to carry an iPad and notebook. I wouldn't put a laptop in there, the material is too thin for that IMO

6. I had a bal, proenza and givenchy when I was in college. I wouldn't put my laptop in any of those bags since I'd my laptop and put just my notebooks in the bag. :smile:

The proenza PS1 looks great as a school bag! Which givenchy are you considering?

7. Maybe longchamp is good choice. :smile: very light and you can abuse without feeling guilty:P

8. Oh maybe the City is not right for me then...I want to put my laptop inside :Push:

9. I'm currently also considering large proenza ps1 and probably a large or medium givenchy pandora. I'm not sure about the givenchy though. I have a mini pandora and I really like it so I guess I'll probably go with another pandora :P.

10. True! I was thinking about longchamp since my friends raved about it but it sucks that the nylon le pliage doesn't have a strap (does it have a strap?? :oh:)

11. I was going to suggest Longchamp as well. Frankly, I wouldn't use a high-end designer bag as a school bag, but that's just me. I'd get the City as a handbag, and get the Longchamp for lugging books and your laptop. If the satchel with cross-body strap is more appealing to you than a tote, take a look at Longchamp's Neo line.

12. What about the Town? That is the Balenciaga I'm currently considering because it can be worn cross body. I have a medium Pandora and absolutely love it but it would not be a good bag to carry a laptop in because of the shape. If you want a Givenchy for a school bag I would look at the Nightingale. As far as the ps1, I have a medium and it's not my favorite bag. I find it hard to get in and out of and I don't think the quality is as good as Givenchy or Bal. Also with the Ps1 I have heard of people having serious issues with the hardware so I would be scared to load it daily with a heavy laptop. Hope I could be of some help :smile:

13. Thanks for the suggestion! :biggrin:

14. Yes, you're a great help! :biggrin: I was just thinking of buying a pre-owned medium Givenchy pandora on Fashionphile but I checked the dimensions of the bag and I don't think I can fit my 13" Macbook Air in it. And you're right, I don't think the Pandora shape is suitable for carrying school stuffs. I've never heard of hardware issues of the PS1 but I'll take that into a consideration. The PS1 costs, unfortunately, around $2150 so I think it's too expensive to use as a school bag. I'll look into the Nightingale then. Maybe a pre-owned one. Thanks a lot!

15. There is a longchamp that has a strap. Neo and cuir.
    But if you really want to Balenciaga bag as your school bag. Maybe velo suits on you.

+ 1 for @catsinthebag :smile: