Balenciaga Black Monochromatic Metallic Edge AJ City Bag

chanel123

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
Hello everyone

I am obsessed by this black monochromatic Balenciaga Metallic Edge AJ City Bag !! I've many Balenciaga bags but never the metallic version. I was wondering is it easy to take are of? does the "metal plate" section points out in weir direction when you fill in your bag? when you apply leather conditioners, does the lotion/oil damage the matte surface hardware or get stuck in between the leather patch and the metal plate? I love love to see photos of your metallic edge bags especially if you have this black on black version. I am sooo tempted to buy one, but just want to hear your opinions on the metallic edge version of this bag. Thanks (^__^) Balenciaga Classic City AJ Leather Tote.jpg Bergdorf Goodman.jpg model.jpg

Reactions: patchouliboy
Hello, i did reply you in other thread which you started. But here you go :-

Though i don't own any ME now, im familiar with such Chevre leather. You don't need any conditioner for such leather. It's very durable & easy to maintain. The metal edge does make the bag heavier off course when compare to non ME, the leather itself already make the difference as Chevre does already weigh slightly more than Agneau. I have read comment that some don't even feel the weight, but there are also a few that said it's so heavy that they sold away. So i believe that is very personal & it all depends on yourself.

As for whether the metal pieces will "point out". No, i don't think so and i've never seen one too.

The ME in your photo is pretty new release & it's cool. I believe you will enjoy one ;):tup:

Hello, i did reply you in other thread which you started. But here you go :-

Though i don't own any ME now, im familiar with such Chevre leather. You don't need any conditioner for such leather. It's very durable & easy to maintain. The metal edge does make the bag heavier off course when compare to non ME, the leather itself already make the difference as Chevre does already weigh slightly more than Agneau. I have read comment that some don't even feel the weight, but there are also a few that said it's so heavy that they sold away. So i believe that is very personal & it all depends on yourself.

As for whether the metal pieces will "point out". No, i don't think so and i've never seen one too.

The ME in your photo is pretty new release & it's cool. I believe you will enjoy one ;):tup:
Why don't you need conditioner for chevre? Isn't it still an organic product that needs nourishment? Or is the leather sealed and can't take in conditioner anyways?
Agneau needs to be conditioned, right?
I'm new to Bal bags - is there a do/don't for caring for agneau vs chevre? Any particular brands of conditioner to buy or stay away from? Thanks!

This is Hamilton Chevre, it is different from the old Chevre before 2008. Though it's still goat skin, it's treated differently. Same goes to Agneau before 2012. The "gloss" seems to block the penetration of conditioner.

I don't think you need to have any concern for now. Once you have the bag in your hand, you will know naturally if or when the leather needs any nourishment ;);)

Why don't you need conditioner for chevre? Isn't it still an organic product that needs nourishment? Or is the leather sealed and can't take in conditioner anyways?
Agneau needs to be conditioned, right?
I'm new to Bal bags - is there a do/don't for caring for agneau vs chevre? Any particular brands of conditioner to buy or stay away from? Thanks!