Balenciaga being Sued ..

I just really wish Bal'd spend some time doing something about all the fakes and super fakes out there, even being sold as new. At least more time than copying others' designs.
Never going to happen, just like Saint Laurent have a few designs that they’ve “adopted” and just like Gucci have a massive counterfeit problem... and surprise surprise, all 3 designers are owned by the same umbrella company.

Never going to happen, just like Saint Laurent have a few designs that they’ve “adopted” and just like Gucci have a massive counterfeit problem... and surprise surprise, all 3 designers are owned by the same umbrella company.
I've heard some really bad stuff about how these super fakes come about, i e inside jobs. Some big magazine is sitting on such a story right now, allegedly. Didn't Hermès have an "incident" like that where some employer helped make super fakes?

I can understand why brands don't want to get involved in the pre-owned business BUT there are brand new Balenciagas for ex. being sold very liberally in brick and mortar stores as well as in webstores. That ought to interest the brands.

Her is an interesting thread...
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/*******-authentic-or-not.984786/

OMG, I can’t believe they didn’t ask for permission :P. Who’s next? DHL? IKEA? And does anyone have copyright over those Thai market bags?:cool:

I just really wish Bal'd spend some time doing something about all the fakes and super fakes out there, even being sold as new. At least more time than copying others' designs.
Agreed .. unlike Chanel & Hermes who pursue those fakers to the end of time!!! Lately, I have been seeing so many (and REALLY BAD) fakes on various sites and it breaks my heart when I see that someone purchased the bag .. uggh!

The font is different. Those details count you know? :P
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so everyone involved should just feel honoured I guess :lol:

Speaking of, things are really heating up on the ******* thread: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/*******-authentic-or-not.984786/page-4

Everyone's an equal opportunist, it seems. But maybe I've judged Bal a bit harshly, because they have tried to protect their designs but it doesn't seem as easy as one would think. Maybe Demna is just striking back.

http://www.fashionlawbusiness.com/f...but-recognises-copyright-for-tote-bag-designs
"France - in a recent ruling from the Paris Court of Appeal on the 22nd of September 2017, the French luxury fashion house Balenciaga has been dealt a deal and blow ruling, losing the right to the use of one of its trademarks in France, but seeing the courts acknowledge the features of the brands tote bags as being capable of protection by copyright.

Balenciaga sued Leslycuir, the Chinese leather goods distribution company, for infringement of copyright and trademark for importing into France leather goods seized at customs - that the luxury brand claimed had infringed their rights.

In particular, the claims revolved around four bags 'Baby Daim', 'Revers', 'Classic Sunday', and 'Classic Tool.' Iconic style classics from Balenciaga recognisable thanks to their distinct ornamental zip and pocket feature - created in August 2001, by Nicolas Ghesquière, then artistic director of Balenciaga."

Reactions: doni
Agreed .. unlike Chanel & Hermes who pursue those fakers to the end of time!!! Lately, I have been seeing so many (and REALLY BAD) fakes on various sites and it breaks my heart when I see that someone purchased the bag .. uggh!
i had a case when i purchased a listed as 'brand new/never used with tags' Hermes shawl from one of the re-sellers site, was so excited to have found an older design in BNWT condition that i didn't even think to check it properly.
Thank god, one of the PFers approached me privately and pointed out the inconsistent features, and basically opened my eyes.
After realizing WHAT i purchased i jumped on the Reseller's neck and at the same time sent an email to Hermes.
Long story short, i made the site return back for full refund the shawl that i bought, and pull down other 4 they had listed on. It took me a while to fight and win, and i kept messaging H all the time, with links and pics provided, and they NEVER got bothered, AT ALL.
I am proud to have won that battle with the Reseller, but i feel deceived by Hermes.

Last edited:
i had a case when i purchased a listed as 'brand new/never used with tags' Hermes shawl from one of the re-sellers site, was so excited to have found an older design in BNWT condition that i didn't even think to check it properly.
Thank god, one of the PFers approached me privately and pointed out the inconsistent features, and basically opened my eyes.
After realizing WHAT i purchased i jumped on the Reseller's neck and at the same time sent an email to Hermes.
Long story short, i made the site return back for full refund the shawl that i bought, and pull down other 4 they had listed on. It took me a while to fight and win, and i kept messaging H all the time, with links and pics provided, and they NEVER got bothered, AT ALL.
I am proud to have won that battle with the Reseller, but i feel deceived by Hermes.
WOW!! .. and yet, I have heard other incidents where Hermes has indeed pursued a reseller aggressively. A friend had bought what she thought was a 'real' Birkin, and when she later found out that was NOT the case (by bringing it to Hermes to have something fixed), boy-oh-boy was Hermes fit-to-be-tied and sued the reseller big-time! Strange that they did nothing for you ..

WOW!! .. and yet, I have heard other incidents where Hermes has indeed pursued a reseller aggressively. A friend had bought what she thought was a 'real' Birkin, and when she later found out that was NOT the case (by bringing it to Hermes to have something fixed), boy-oh-boy was Hermes fit-to-be-tied and sued the reseller big-time! Strange that they did nothing for you ..
yes, i was very disappointed :sad: