Bags You Sold and Why?

I no longer want to support luxury designers, so I have sold 3 Louis Vuittons and I'm in the process of selling a Chanel. I've only kept a Mulberry Lily and a Speedy 30 and only because the resale value on those are not high. I've been using fashionphile and it's been painless.

Can you elaborate on why you’re not longer supporting luxury designers? I’m just very curious.

1. Celine Micro Luggage in Souris (I have a black one as well and I just never wore the Souris.. prefer the black)

2. Celine Mini Belt Bag (It was my first shoulder flap bag and I decided I‘m not a fan of flap bags that you carry on your shoulders.. it‘s too complicated for me)

3. Givenchy Mini Antigona (currently selling that one; The opening is very small and the leather very stiff so I find it hard to reach in and even see what is inside that I need.. and the zipper scratches my hands whenever I want to take something out of the bag)

Celine -black phantom, Nano in souris and a blue Trio.
Hermès - Gardenparty in brown and blue.
Mulberry - black Bayswater, black mini Alexa and blue Lilly
I was tired of Céline
It was to easy for someone else to access my things in the GP and the mullberry bags was too boring.
No regrets.

Can you elaborate on why you’re not longer supporting luxury designers? I’m just very curious.

I only shop at brands that I feel value me as a customer. I'm nearing 40, rural, unsophisticated, not into fashion beyond bags, American-sized, and not outwardly wealthy. Luxury brands do NOT want people like me carrying their bags. So I don't want to give them my $$$. It's simply a personal choice I've made. Those who love luxury brands, rock on.

I only shop at brands that I feel value me as a customer. I'm nearing 40, rural, unsophisticated, not into fashion beyond bags, American-sized, and not outwardly wealthy. Luxury brands do NOT want people like me carrying their bags. So I don't want to give them my $$$. It's simply a personal choice I've made. Those who love luxury brands, rock on.
I understand and wish I done the same as you have don. But I love my bags and I want to bye some LV, Chanel and a ton of LITTLE LIFFNER in my life

I've sold a bunch of bags to fund other items. Some of the designer bags I've sold include:

LV Neverfull - purchased a Marylebone instead
Hermes Kelly 28 sellier (black box) - too small and too rigid
Hermes Kelly 35 retourne (Black box) - too big
Hermes Kelly 35 retourne (bougainvillea) - replaced with a K32 in gris T
Hermes Birkin 35 (gold) - replaced with a K35 in anemone
Hermes Bolide 31 (rouge H) - too small

Interesting enough, my style has changed and I find that the larger bags I favored a couple of years ago are too heavy now. I find myself holding on to bags that I don't carry as much but know I eventually have to curate my collection.

I first starting selling my bags a few months ago and it's a little addictive. I cleared some space, got rid of stuff that I don't use, and was able finally afford some dream bags with the proceeds. No regrets on the selling (although I might have been a little impulsive with how I spent the proceeds)

Specifically, I sold:
Charlotte Olympia Leather Crossbody Bag - Too small
Miu Miu Green Leather Satchel - This was my first "designer" bag and I had a hard time bringing myself to use it. Green also doesn't work well with my wardrobe.
Burberry Convertible Leather Crossbody Bag- Too small, couldn't wear it as a belt bag like I imagined that I would
Reece Hudson Siren Crossbody Bag - Too small
Mulberry Tillie in Midnight- I have too other Tillies and I tend to reach for black and tan over this one. Also, ThredUp is super generous with their Mulberry buy out rates.
Loewe Amazona 28 - this was a dream bag that I was afraid to damage and also way too big for me

Figuring out the ins and outs of Ebay has worked wonders for me. I’ve sold about 20 over the last 4 years, and given away a few more including
A couple Signature Coach bags - moving on
3 Vintage leather Coach - well used, but too small
Coach Madison Caroline-too heavy
2 Coach Gallery Totes
Black Coach Bleeker Preston
1 MJ Stam in Bright Blue-too heavy and very blue
Gold leather Burberry embossed Tote- slight obsession with metallic that needs curbing
Turquoise Kate Spade satchel- impulse purchase
but my under-lying reasons:
•purge my older, mid-range items
•“move up” to having selected premier bags, preferably pre-loved for value
•getting rid of 3 “regular” bags should net me 1 fancy brand
•just have room for some new stuff
•I rack up brownie points with DH when he has to drop off my ebay boxes at the post office, so when he intercepts my deliveries it doesn’t look so bad

I've recently sold four bags:
  • Dior Gaucho double saddle bag in teal. Sold it because I have the exact same bag in a different color (neutral beige - much more versatile) and in the regular medium single saddle version (my first designer bag - will never part with it).
  • Chloé Paddington in dark grey. Another duplicate. Kept my original burgundy one.
  • Coach logo tote. Used to carry it all through college. Grew out of it.
  • Dolce & Gabbana softe retro-style bag in green leather. This bag was a PITA to open and close, so I decided to let it go.

Honestly I've sold a lot of fabric coach bags that I splurged on in college, I just out grew them. I've also sold my Speedy 25 in Damier Azur because it was simply TOO SMALL. I really wanted to make it work because it was lovely, but it just didn't fit my lifestyle.

I've sold very few high end designer bags because I had a very bad experience with one sale. Nonetheless, here are the bags I got rid of:

1. Gucci Boston Tote - Too shallow for my taste, I thought it would be like a Neverfull
2. LV Epi Alma in white - I cannot maintain a white bag no matter how hard I try
3. Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Clutch - Ive just outgrown the bag

Seriously contemplating selling my LV Speedy and Givenchy Nightingale just because I rarely use them.

All these plus so much more including a months old small Givenchy Antigona and another months old preloved but pristine Goyard St. Louis PM I sold last year. Just recently, I sold my medium Prada Galleria tote.

Tbh, I more regret buying them in general rather than selling them. They were my bags that I bought either during the time I was on my way to building my collection and thought they were it, that I'd never upgrade so I was satisfied. Or I settled for less than what I really wanted because they were on sale or I was impatient to wait. The first reason is understandable. The second is a headache-inducing excuse to jump onto the bandwagon.

My remaining bags are now more curated and carefully selected. Let's just say I have started Konmari-ying my collection way before Marie Kondo came into the picture. Lolreceived_10155330959206139~2.jpeg

Mulberry Tillie drawstring had to go because it had an awkwardly short strap and I never carried it.
RM MAC had to go because of the clunky chain strap that drove me crazy.
Mulberry Effie Hobo had such a narrow bottom and the strap was so short I couldn't get my things to stay in order or get into the bag easy.
LC Large Roseau had to leave because I didn't end up loving the super slippery leather on it.

A couple of years ago I sold off the majority of my Coach bags. I kept some vintage made in USA ones, and a couple that had sentimental value. I prefer to purchase either higher end brands, or items that are made in USA or made locally. Also, I did online customer support for Coach for a couple of years, and let's just say that took a lot of the luster off that brand for me. I took my bags to a local handbag resale shop (Keeks) and got what I felt was a very fair price, and it was no hassle.

I sold some vintage Dooney bags that were just too small for me to a website that specializes in vintage Dooneys.

I also sold off a vintage 1990s LV Noe because I almost never carried it. Sold that one on Craigslist, which I will never do again as the buyer gave me such a hassle.

Last edited:
Reactions: MahoganyQT
I've sold mostly Coach and MK bags. I seem to be purging MK almost entirely, lol. I think I have one left I intend to keep and 2 I intend to sell.

What I sold:
Coach Legacy Turnlock Tote in purple, don't remember the name. Too heavy even empty.
MK Mini Hamilton Messenger in navy. Just too tiny, not practical. Cute as can be though.
MK Hamilton E/W Satchel in violet. Just didn't work on any level.
MK Lilly. Sold this to a coworker. Beautiful bag, but I don't carry enough to fill it up and it was too floppy otherwise. My coworker gets a lot of use out of it though.
Coach Studded Street Tote. Redundant. I don't have a whole lot of need for totes, never used it.
Furla Candy Bag in purple/blue, don't remember the color name. I liked the idea of it, but it wasn't practical.
Coach Blue Python Gramercy Satchel. Beautiful bag, but I hated everything else about using it.

I haven't sold any premiere bags yet, because I don't really own that many, but the most likely to hit the chopping block are my LV Pallas BB and my Mulberry Bayswater. With the LV, I hate how the rings go through both sides of the bag, can't open the bag wide enough. And the mono makes me feel self-conscious carrying it. The Mulberry, it's just not me. Too corporate, and too heavy.

This is an interesting discussion!

Reactions: anitalilac